Walther Forums banner

Was your trigger pull affected by Walther's recall fix?

• Yes -- it's now heavier, grittier, or otherwise worse

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • No -- I can't perceive any noticeable difference

Votes: 41 70.7%
  • Yes -- it magically got somehow better

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Something else -- explain below!

Votes: 2 3.4%

Poll: Results of Walther's Recall Fix on Your PPS

7K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  goforbroke2 
#1 ·
Maybe this can be a sticky thread.

As people start getting their guns back from Walther with whatever fixes were performed under the drop safety recall, let's collect experiences with whether the guns have changed or suffered (or even improved?) as a result.

Was the trigger pull wonderful before, and now it's heavy and gritty? No change? Got smoother?

If it got worse, is that because something actually made it worse, or is it just the effect of installing new parts that haven't worn in yet?

Check out the poll and leave your feedback so we can all compare notes!

#4 ·
PPS M2 after repair

I do not find a difference in the trigger pull, nor do I find it gritty. What I did note is that the reset appears to be not quire as crisp, and longer. May be in my head as I never measured it and it is from recall, but it certainly appears that way.

#6 ·
PPS arrived back today. Trigger is no different, and perfectly fine. A few pounds, smooth and crisp.

14 days from when it left my hands. I went from being annoyed to rather pleased with how it was handled. FedEx was the biggest culprit for my annoyance. Walther did great! Kudos.

Gun was returned with paperwork, dimple, and stickers.

The invoice reflects shipping of $35, service repair of $45. There was also shipping on the front end, not reflected. Cost Walther at least $79, maybe over $100, per gun to do this. Outstanding customer service.

#14 ·
Not quite what is was before

I just got my PPS M2 LE back from Walther today. The speed of repair was great! But, the trigger... it is heavier, grittier, and the travel back to the break is a little longer. BUT, as someone else said, this is an EDC/self-defense weapon and it just needs to work reliably and safely when you need it. This is NOT a target pistol. You just have to reliably put the holes in the silhouette.

#16 ·
I just got my PPS M2 LE back from Walther today. The speed of repair was great! But, the trigger... it is heavier, grittier, and the travel back to the break is a little longer. BUT, as someone else said, this is an EDC/self-defense weapon and it just needs to work reliably and safely when you need it. This is NOT a target pistol. You just have to reliably put the holes in the silhouette.
Same thing happened with the Springfield XDs grip safety recall. People thought the trigger was better before the recall. Some people did not send in their XDs because of this, & seem to think their non upgraded gun is worth mentioning when being sold on a gun forum. GARY

#15 ·
7 days from when it left my hands until it was back in my hands. Awesome!!! Thank you Walter.

I don’t feel any increased trigger grit but who knows. It does appear to have a substantially longer reset. You can hear a very faint “click” sound where I perceive the old reset was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#17 ·
Hi everyone. It's been a while since I've posted anything on the Walther forums. I sent my PPS M2 back to Walther for the recall and got it back today, one day short of a week later. Now, that is truly amazing! I hope I don't need any other service on my pistol, but if this is a typical example, then I would be very, very pleased.

As to the trigger, I have only dry fired it since I got it back, but here is my observation. Trigger seems to be very slightly more gritty on the first fraction of the take up, but disappears thereafter, and, although I can't say this for sure, it seems like the overall travel is slightly longer, but just as smooth with about the same felt crispness to the breaK. I expect that some of the initial "grit" may disappear after firing another 100 or 200 rounds through the PPS, but i'll have to get to the range a few times to test out that theory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.