Walther Forums banner

Apex Trigger

• Tried it and love it!

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • Tried it and it's OK...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tried it and like the flat trigger but don't care for the change in action.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tried it and didn't care for it.

Votes: 1 7.1%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In going through various threads, I've read many positive comments about the Apex Trigger for the PPQ/Q5 Match. But I've also come across comments from folks that didn't care for it.

I like the idea of a flat trigger face because I tend to contact the trigger toward the bottom and the round trigger irritates my trigger finger. But I'm curious at where folks fall in their experience.

If you have tried an Apex Trigger on your PPQ/Q5, please cast you vote!

And please post comments on your experience in this thread...

·
Registered
255 Posts
On a Q5 Match, 100% awesome. Easy to install. Great feel. More fun. Solid.
Would not go back.

As a reference, I have a 5 inch PPQ M2, and that trigger is just incredible - and stock!! Parts have been smoothed/polished/used often. This is even better. And I didn't think that was possible.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On a Q5 Match, 100% awesome. Easy to install. Great feel. More fun. Solid.
Would not go back.

As a reference, I have a 5 inch PPQ M2, and that trigger is just incredible - and stock!! Parts have been smoothed/polished/used often. This is even better. And I didn't think that was possible.
So what you're saying is: Once you go Apex you never go back?? ;)

Thanks for the testimonial.

Did it take long to get used to the different feel of the trigger pull?

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Back to an "old school" trigger 4 months old...

Tried Apex. Back to Walther. More Consistant feel. Sufficient callouses from 39 years of match shooting makes flatties extra cost for me. Lot's of folks like them. For the same reason that trigger weights are easier to measure consistently on a curve, same reason that I use curvies...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried Apex. Back to Walther. More Consistant feel. Sufficient callouses from 39 years of match shooting makes flatties extra cost for me. Lot's of folks like them. For the same reason that trigger weights are easier to measure consistently on a curve, same reason that I use curvies...
@xoperator, thanks for your comments! If you would, please cast you vote and be counted in the poll.

·
Registered
255 Posts
So what you're saying is: Once you go Apex you never go back?? ;)

Thanks for the testimonial.

Did it take long to get used to the different feel of the trigger pull?

It actually took no time to get used to the Apex.
The feel was intuitive and very natural.

Yes, agree - I would not go back to the stock trigger now that I have the Apex on the Q5.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Widget33 you say your 5" trigger is better than either the Apex or Stock trigger on the Match. Given the PPQ Match and the M2 5" trigger groups are the same I would surmise with use the stock trigger will be better than the Apex. True?

Take Care

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.