Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WW2 Polish Contract "G2" Walther PPK Pistol | Pre-1946 Walther PPs and PPKs

https://youtu.be/kHRraa1VbJ4

Saw this YouTube video tonight. Is this gun legit?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Looks legit to me considering that the Polish Radom shown had the same markings. Hey, Walther was a commercial enterprise so they would sell guns to whomever would place an order.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Dieter's book lists this contract with the same G over 2 in an oval mark, with a larger serial range

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Looks legit to me considering that the Polish Radom shown had the same markings. Hey, Walther was a commercial enterprise so they would sell guns to whomever would place an order.
As a kid, I read some "boys and girls educational and entertaining stories" magazine from the 1910s and 20s, in which among many other things, was a write-up of the optical works in Jena, in which it was a point of pride that both friend and foe used their field glasses, scopes and targeting devices during the World War.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was confused when I posted this. I was thinking it was a "Polish made PPK" for some reason...:eek:

Reactions: halfmoonclip

·
Registered
496 Posts
.... , in which it was a point of pride that both friend and foe used their field glasses, scopes and targeting devices during the World War.
In the case of these pistols, one should also remember that in early 1939 when these were likely exported, Poland was not a foe, and actually still a significant trade partner with Germany, especially since the so-called “Customs War” 1925-1934 had been (temporarily) settled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts