Walther Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,609 Posts
Under P99Q you will find the following text:

“Das teilgespannte Schlagbolzenschloss der P99 Q erlaubt im Falle eines Anzündversagers ein beliebig häufiges, erneutes Abziehen (Reset-Funktion), ähnlich der Funktion von Waffen mit klassischem Double Action Only Abzug”.
Exactly. So the statement that the PPQ models P3/M3 were the only pistols providing this function isn't true. Walther's marketing department simply ignors their own P99Q. It's a shame.

·
Premium Member
1,609 Posts
Incidentally, in case you haven't already read it, under Walther PPQ M3 (also in the POLIZEI-PORTAL) you will find the VISIER article, from December 2015, describing this pistol in detail.
Yes, I read it. In my opinion it's a well-written article.

By the way, interesting is the fact that the whole section about the PPQ M3 (the PPQ P3 isn't even mentioned) is visible in the German language version of the website only. It's missing in the international English language version of the site. Is there any special reason or is it just another masterpiece of Walther's shame department?

·
Premium Member
1,609 Posts
If you go to PRODUKTE > DEFENSE WAFFEN > PISTOLEN and then select PPQ Classic from the displayed pistols, you will see the exact German equivalent of the English text you quoted above. However, if you go to PORTALE > POLIZEI-PORTAL and then select Walther PPQ Classic you will see the quote from my post, followed by a somewhat different description of the pistol.
I have noticed these inconsistencies before. I also looked at the old screenshots from 2011 and 2012. It doesn't matter how we look at it. The weak points are the marketing and the presentation of the products. What a pity.

·
Registered
9,366 Posts
They must be tough....watched Bond, James Bond...whack a fellow over the head with one last night. Knocked the poor guy completely out. Might have even broken his neck and knocked his shoes off. I'd prefer an old, long barrel Colt or Smith revolver myself. 1917

·
Registered
21 Posts
Our local Sheriffs department seems to like bucking trends. They went with Sig P220 in .45. Pretty retro. Single stack. DA/SA, metal frame, hammer fired, and in .45 instead of .40 or 9mm. It’s like the mid ‘80s here or something.

The city police went to M&Ps in 9mm, following most LE trends.

·
Registered
476 Posts
By the way, interesting is the fact that the whole section about the PPQ M3 (the PPQ P3 isn't even mentioned) is visible in the German language version of the website only. It's missing in the international English language version of the site. Is there any special reason or is it just another masterpiece of Walther's shame department?
I hadn't noticed this until you drew my attention to it. The reason is that I have long since ceased consulting the English-language version of the German website as, like you, I have found too many discrepancies between the original German and the English translations. That's why I take the German-language site as my reference for all things Walther - German is, after all, the everyday language of the people who design and manufacture the pistols.

As to why the P3/M3 is not even mentioned on the English-language version, one can only speculate. I would have thought that, having lost a very important German police contract (Bayern) and possibly another significant contract (Sachsen-Anhalt), they would have sent the dogs out to sniff other markets further afield. Who knows? There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the product - I'm sure it's a very good pistol and ideally suited to police use. I'm also sure they could sell a respectable number of them on the civilian market - if they so wished.

Balor

·
Premium Member
1,609 Posts
It's really not surprising that many people consider the PPQ to be a typical police pistol. The highlighted statement suggests this quite explicitly. I'm quite sure that the orignal source text was taken from the US website some years ago.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,475 Posts
It's really not surprising that many people consider the PPQ to be a typical police pistol. The highlighted statement suggests this quite explicitly. I'm quite sure that the orignal source text was taken from the US website some years ago.

I recall a podcast with Walther America management saying they've been able to sell the PPQ into more American Law Enforcement than most people realize.

Not Glock level penetration obviously but greater than zero.

·
Registered
476 Posts
The highlighted text reveals not one, but TWO misleading statements.

1) “The WALTHER PPQ is a designated law enforcement pistol”.
Questions: Which authority can this “designation” be traced to? The Taiwanese government perhaps? Any other contenders?

2) “Its design is based on the Technical Specifications for Pistols of the German Police”.

The latter statement is not only misleading, it is, quite simply, wrong. The “Technical Specifications” referred to are the “Technische Richtlinie (TR) Pistolen im Kaliber 9 mm x 19”. The current regulations date from 31.01 2008 (i.e. three years before the PPQ was introduced), and the relevant section which disqualifies the PPQ is on page 7, Section 2.2, Handhabung, Bedienung, Schützensicherheit:

Ein zur Handhabung der Pistole (auch Zerlegen der Pistole zur Wartung) notwendiges Entspannen muss ohne Betätigung des Abzuges möglich sein.

Balor

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Glock Safety

I really like the Colt 1911 but I bought a .40 Caliber S&W Glock because it is kind of stupid proof. If you keep your finger off the trigger you aren't going to get a discharge. When my brother taught me to shoot many years ago he stressed that every gun you touch should be considered loaded until you inspect the chamber and assure yourself it is empty. That means visibly inspecting it as opposed to just turning the pistol on its' side and racking the slide to clear it.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts