Walther Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finding that I am liking more and more pocket carrying my P99c in my Mika pocket holster. I live in Florida and am in shorts and a polo shirt most of the time. I have never been entirely comfortable with IWB carry, and really prefer to tuck my shirt. With one of the 10 round mags without the pinky extension, it fits all of my shorts and pants, cargo and docker type, without printing gun. I clearly have something in my pocket, but it could be a wallet, cell phone, etc. It is a bit heavier then my J Frame revolver, but not that much so that it is uncomfortable.I t does not work that well with tighter fitting dress pants, but on those rare occassions when I need to wear dress pants, I pocket carry my S&W 642 J Frame revolver.

Does anyone else pocket carry their P99c? Other then the disadvantages inherent in pocket carry in general, are their any other reasons not to do so that I am overlooking?

Ron

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
I've been doing this for about a year - I've mentioned it a few times.

I like pocket carry - U can put your hands in your pocket anytime U want and your hand is on your gun.

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
When I considered purchasing one it seemed that it worked in a jacket pocket really well. Not so well in the front pocket of my jeans. My S&W 642 is better for that.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I considered purchasing one it seemed that it worked in a jacket pocket really well. Not so well in the front pocket of my jeans. My S&W 642 is better for that.
Agreed. Jeans are usually a bit more tight feeting then dockers or cargo. That is one reason I don't wear jeans.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have also fallen in love with pocket over the last two years. I've carried everything from kel-tec P32 to PPK with no problems. My father carries a glock 26 in his right front pocket every day of his life, but this size gun seems overly thick for the pocket. I guess I would get used to it; I got so used to the PPK that I would sometimes catch myself touching my pocket to make sure I hadn't forgotten it. Some of you guys that pocket carry your P99C... what holster?

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Just a regular Uncle Mike's Inside the waistband holster - sorta like a felt material. I've had the holster over 10 years - originally got it for a glock. I no longer carry SOB with it.

But, with the clip facing out, it breaks up the shape of the gun.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have also fallen in love with pocket over the last two years. I've carried everything from kel-tec P32 to PPK with no problems. My father carries a glock 26 in his right front pocket every day of his life, but this size gun seems overly thick for the pocket. I guess I would get used to it; I got so used to the PPK that I would sometimes catch myself touching my pocket to make sure I hadn't forgotten it. Some of you guys that pocket carry your P99C... what holster?
I pocket carry my P99c in a Mika pocket holster I have both the round and square cut bottom, which I wear depending upom what pants I am wearing,. The round bottom works best with Docker type pants and shorts, and the square better with cargo style.

Ron

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ron, do you have a link or web address for Mika holsters? maybe I just don't get out much, but I've never heard of them. Always looking for another good holster maker. Thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ron, do you have a link or web address for Mika holsters? maybe I just don't get out much, but I've never heard of them. Always looking for another good holster maker. Thanks
Just "Google" Mika Pocket Holsters and his web site will come up. If you check around some other forums, you will find that his pocket holsters are very popular within the carry community. He is also a very nice guy to deal with.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Robert Mika is one of the truly good guys in the holster business. He doesn't deal in credit cards. Call him, tell him what you are looking for, and he'll send it out to you with a bill included. If you like it, send him a check. If you don't, you can return it. I recently contacted him about a holster for a PPK/S. He indicated that if I didn't like the feel or fit, I was free to give the holster to someone who could put it to good use. Think about that for a minute. :)

You can reach him at

http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/

He is an LEO and often works the night shift, so he might not answer the telephone on the first ring.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Robert Mika is one of the truly good guys in the holster business. He doesn't deal in credit cards. Call him, tell him what you are looking for, and he'll send it out to you with a bill included. If you like it, send him a check. If you don't, you can return it. I recently contacted him about a holster for a PPK/S. He indicated that if I didn't like the feel or fit, I was free to give the holster to someone who could put it to good use. Think about that for a minute. :)

You can reach him at

http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/

He is an LEO and often works the night shift, so he might not answer the telephone on the first ring.
Agree with everything you wrote, except I believe that he does take credit cards through "Pay Pal."

Ron

·
Registered
4 Posts
My pocket holster coice is...

a modified Galco "Waistband"

I took a Galco Waistband for a Glock 27 and cut off the thumb break and the belt clip.
I now have a leather, rough side out, pocket holster. I like a pocket holster that has an open muzzle. I find the closed muzzle pocket holsters hold the gun a little higher and can affect concealment because of this.
I am carrying my P99c in this holster in my pocket at this very minute in fact.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I also pocket carry the P99c. I use an Uncle Mike's. Fits great and comes off easily on the draw. The part I like about pocket carry is that you can have a hand on it relatively inconspicuously and be ready for a nice fast draw... :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sorry about all these posts but I can't edit. Anyway, the Uncle Mike's is pretty snug at first but loosens right up with time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts