Walther Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a lot of different 40 S&W ammo out there, some good prices and some that are unreal.
What the best prices and where at.
I like to buy about 500 at a time.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The cheapest I've found is wally world Winchester white box
which I think is about 16.97 a box. This is why I switched to 9mm.
My 2 cents,
Chris Cahill

·
Registered
333 Posts
One of the best suppliers of practice ammo is

Ammoman.com

For 50 rds of .40 Speer Gold Dot Jacketed Hollow Points it cost $10 a box. You must buy in bulk because he offers FREE shipping 500 rds at a time is fine, I buy 1,000 rds for $199

Your order will arrive fast !!! for me its on my doorstep in 4 days from date of order.

You must be able to verify your age by sending a copy of your driver's Lic. by computer.

Have fun............

JF

·
Registered
72 Posts
sniper350 is right,

but besides that my local gun store has 40 S&W for $9 per 50 round box, which is not a bad price, so you might want to get the phone book out and call every gun store in your area to see what is available.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I usually order from Sportsman's Guide

I've had a few FTFs with the wolf ammo, but I'm not trusting my life to it. Just trying to get some practice time in.

$100 for 1000 rds of 9x19s.

Never fired them from a P99 (which will be my next gun to buy) but they seem to fire just as accurately as the white box winchester from my Glock 19. Beware though, they are dirtier, so if you aren't in the habbit of cleaning your gun every 200rds, you may want to start. Also they are Steel Casings , not brass.

The reason for the FTFs are because of the painted steel casings. If the casings heat up too much, the paint becomes tacky and will stick to the barrel. But what do you want for Russian Ammo.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I forgot to mention, if you want a good round to trust your life to (without too much risk of over penetration) Corbon Pow'R Balls!

Muzzle Velocity: 1,475 F.P.S. Muzzle Energy 483 ft.-lbs.
AND THAT'S FOR THE 9MM! IMAGINE 16 OF THOSE STANDING BY, JUST WAITING TO BITE AN INTRUDER!

Linkage

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't have time to reload so I've tried a lot of different brands of ammo in my search for cheap shooting especially since I have a preference for 357sig and 45acp.  The best I've tried for cheap practice ammo is http://www.georgia-arms.com/canned_heat.htm 
They also have pretty good prices on self defense ammo.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Best stuff I've found is CCI Blazer. Very clean, and the 9x19 is $3.84 for a box of 50. I put about 450 through my new P99QA and after tearing it down and cleaning it still wound up with clean patches going through the barrel first time through with CLP. Only downside is the aluminum casing is a little harder on the extractor. It's also a hotter round than the WWB.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Not allowed to shoot Blazer at at least 1 range close to me because of the non-brass cases. Other range doesn't allow Wolf because they're steel although I don't understand that. A magnetic separator should take care of those easily. Alum is harder. My outdoor range doesn't care.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've heard of stuff like that. The range down the street from me only lets you shoot Winclean. I go to 2 different outdoor ranges and they both don't care. Actually, at one of them I know the owner's sun and they don't case about members of our group rapid firing, and I'll occasionally plink at stuff at that range with my .22 (put shotgun shells up on a berm or the plastic bullet holders). I can't imagine no steel, be really rough to go blasting with that Mosin. I've got a PSL in 54R on order from SOG but still waiting for it to get through customs, got tired of waiting so I bought the P99 in the mean time.

·
Registered
232 Posts
.50's another thing they let us play with. Ususally put us next to the people they want to run off if we're using the AR-50. The one that does raise eyebrows alot it the 1919. Slap that puppy up and put in a belt and range nazi's come running... "YOU CAN'T SHOOT THAT HERE!"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts