Walther Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
It "can be made safe"??

Hmm...
This was the same response that I got from S&W customer service ??? I can't accept that a firearm must be modified prior to use ???? "This is an entry lever firearm" ?????
I looked up Unimec...(thanks for the response) It doen't surprise me that they make AIRSOFT "guns" ... looks like they have the same mfg. and quality controls for their P-22's.
Anybody interested in voicing your opinions and concerns to S&W ?? Try this number: Ann Mikkaya is wanting your feedback.

1-800-331-0852 x3248

*** Let's MAKE these S&W accountable ...before some young shooter is seriously injured.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
One more time: S&W does NOT make these pistols. S&W imports the pistols. The P22 is a Umarex product. Umarex is the parent company that owns Walther. Voicing your opinion to S&W is whistling in the wind. If you want to direct your complaints to the right folks, go to the right folks. The folks at S&W are NOT the right folks in this case.

Here's the link to USA Umarex (note the spelling):

http://www.umarexusa.com/

And, once again, lots of folks love their P22 and do just fine with them. What happened to you and your son is NOT typical.

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I don't know Searcher.... sounds like a troll to me especially the gfu part. It doesn't sound like the poster is really interested in solving anything or learning anything. If you review his posts....he says absolutely nothing. M1911

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
I looked up Unimec...(thanks for the response) It doen't surprise me that they make AIRSOFT "guns" ... looks like they have the same mfg. and quality controls for their P-22's...
What exactly did you expect? The P22 has a molded plastic grip with a MIM zinc alloy frame insert and steel barrel liner. It's a 3/4 scale replica of a P99...a play toy for folks who prefer .22LR to airsoft or BB's. Same as the MP5A5...comes in .22LR and airsoft versions. My .22LR is a fun little shooter but not anything like the 9mm version in design or quality.
Perhaps you should consider a different gun altogether? Here's a 1946 High Standard HD-Military. It's the postwar commercial version of the WWII US military trainer. Real machined steel and target accuracy for the cost of a P22... :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
just buy good ammo. What the gun stores give you isnt good ammo. They say it is but it isn't.also it you need to shoot at least 500 rounds in it for it to be broke in. I use CCI 40 grain from walmart and cci 36 grain hollow point and i have never had a problem out of mine. When i was using a lower grain then those it didnt work right, and the federal 36 or 40 grain the cheap ones. DO NOT WORK AT ALL. it dont even eject the shell. Every ammo i have used in my gun didnt work right until i used the cci's. and i havent had any problems at all. Walther p22's don't like cheap ammo.

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
just buy good ammo. What the gun stores give you isnt good ammo. They say it is but it isn't.also it you need to shoot at least 500 rounds in it for it to be broke in. I use CCI 40 grain from walmart and cci 36 grain hollow point and i have never had a problem out of mine. When i was using a lower grain then those it didnt work right, and the federal 36 or 40 grain the cheap ones. DO NOT WORK AT ALL. it dont even eject the shell. Every ammo i have used in my gun didnt work right until i used the cci's. and i havent had any problems at all. Walther p22's don't like cheap ammo.
Welcome heaterenea93, sounds like you are a quick learner. I would think by now every gun shop would know the P22 doesn't like weak ammo. It has a full slide that has to be cycled. You are right on track with the CCI ammo but add some Remington Golden bullets for your bulk. They work very well in the P22. And, check those steel trigger bar ears that hit the underside of the slide to make sure they aren't sharp. If they are they will eat into the underside of the slide. There are a lot of threads and information on this here Any questions or problems......just ask. ;) M1911

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm new here and will not even fire my P22 till this afternoon. I am a huge fan of S&W. I have always liked Walther. But if you place or have another company place your name on a gun, I am going to hold you responsible for a product you put your name on. My used P22 has Walther on one side and S&W on the other. Smith & Wesson sells the gun and should stand behind it IF there is a problem. I knew about the reputation of the P22 before purchasing, but the first owner seems to have covered the bases. Nothing is 100% and a bad gun can slip thru. It happens. Look at Taurus, they are at the other end of the spectrum. Most of what they make is junk and every now and then a good gun comes out. All my life people have been buying 1911's then spending the price again to make them shoot.
Plinkerdad, if you or yours were permanantly harmed sue the crap out of everybody. A valid lawsuit will grow into a class action if its got merit. Either file or take your refund and move on.
As for me I'm gonna take another look at that P22 Bible with my new toy in pieces. Then I am off to the range. If it blows up in my face I'll let you know.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It did not blow up in my face. 130 rounds, CCI Mini Mags and Velocitors. No FTE or FTF. Just 130 reasonably placed rounds downrange. I can't wait to go again.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Amazing huh?

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
FF: For what it's worth, S&W is the importer; it also currently handles repairs for Walther/Umarex in the USA, though both jobs will change early next year. The only reason that S&W's name is attached is because it's the importer, and that's required by U.S. laws.

·
Registered
334 Posts
How will both jobs change?

·
Registered
27 Posts
It really is a blast to shoot (pun intended). The report is more than expected. The action feels fast. I'm glad there are partitions between the bays as I had a stupid grin on my face the whole session.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts