Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for another 9mm and narrowed the choices down to a PPQ PC and an HK VP9SK.
The cost of the PPQ SC at $459 is a couple of hundred cheaper and available online other than from Gunbroker.com at $549.

My concern is the plastic in the slide. Does anyone have issues with the plastic inserts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
The slide design is indeed different from all other PPQs. I have not heard of any failures due to this however. I have never had any issues.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,665 Posts
I have two PPQ SCs. I have not had a real problem with either. They are good guns. I shoot the 5" PPQs a lot so shooting the SCs feels very natural.

There was a lot of speculation when the SCs came out that the design was fragile and would not hold up.

I have not found that to be the case.

They are a little fat compared to guns like the PPS, G43, Shield, ... but I think the added girth also makes the PPQ SC easier to shoot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys.
I had the PPQ PC in the cart but waited and lost it at Guns.com.$459 plus $25 shipping and a $10 gun fee of some sort.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I love my SC. Shooting it feels just like my polymer Q5. I will say the sights and holster options are lacking. Plus the PPQ M2 mags are not interchangeable. I also wish they had the 13 rd mag like the SK

·
Registered
72 Posts
Your post got me to look at the "plastic" you mention. Walther's reasoning is to lighten the slide. Not sure why they needed to fill in the gap. Perhaps one of our experts can explain?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your post got me to look at the "plastic" you mention. Walther's reasoning is to lighten the slide. Not sure why they needed to fill in the gap. Perhaps one of our experts can explain?
Yep!
I watched some youtube reviews. Definitely was liked by many. One well known reviewer mention the plastic was added to lighten the slide for better action. He also said it was too early to see how the plastic area holds up. Early SC video.

I should have grabbed it at that $459.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah. "If you snooze, you lose". lol!! I always say, don't worry so much about price of the gun. You will spend far more in accessories (lights, holsters, magazines and other doodads), and ammo that will far exceed the difference in your handgun purchase.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah. "If you snooze, you lose". lol!! I always say, don't worry so much about price of the gun. You will spend far more in accessories (lights, holsters, magazines and other doodads), and ammo that will far exceed the difference in your handgun purchase.
So true! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts