Walther Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Can you show us images of the entire rifle and share the serial number for a data base? They were made into the war time and the later production had the suffix k. There have been many questions and answers on this sub-forum about the semi-auto Models 1 and 2. If you use the search engine with the words semi-auto or othe related terms or perhaps use my name, you will find posts with quite a bit of info. The only admonition I offer is do not use high-power .22 ammo in it. The production back then was not designed for it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you I will do, I only plan to use subsonic and hopes it cycles. What would be the velocity to stay under? Meaning is something like federal auto match at 1200fps safe? or only subsonic?

Thats where I went wrong with my search I did not use semi auto Model 2

·
Registered
826 Posts
Use subsonic if you must shoot. I was shooting my Model 1 and didnt take care with the ammo. The bolt handle broke off. Just not worth it. The serial number should be on the left side of the trigger guard assembly, behind the magazine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I will use pistol ammo at 980fps and subsonic ammo. I have replaced the recoil spring with new. where is the database of serial numbers?

·
Registered
826 Posts
It is my own data base of Walther rifles and shotguns. I use it and my archive of documents to try and answer forum questions. I would keep the old spring. Is your magazine five or nine shot?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Very nice video. Excellent production values. As to the history/date of the rifle, most of the Walther factory documentation was either destroyed or hauled off by the Russians after the US Army captured the factory and made off with a good deal of the production. There is no record of Walther factory material in US archives. So most information comes from circumstantial info. I started a conversation with a Portuguese researcher who advised me of a cache of Walther Mod 2 rifles in the early 41000 range purchased by a shooting club in Portugal in the early 1930s. That is the only info I can provide as to the dating of your rifle. Best wishes.

·
Registered
826 Posts
You are welcome. As you noted in your video, yours has a much heavier barre like the bolt action Meisterschaft series and the block front sight base is totally different from the standard sloped front sight base. Does yours still have the sling swivels front and rear? That is a striking grain pattern in the stock. Also, the receiver was drilled for different sights?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It did not have the sling swivels and it looked like it was drilled and tapped what for I am not exactly sure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts