Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
It is the Model 8 as already noted. should be on .25ACP and marked the return of Walther to production of firearms post WW1 circa 1920 and carried on as such till EoP 1945. Much favoured as a back up / auxiliary firearm by the Air crew, tank crew etc, it was (and guess still is) easy to conceal and made a formidable weapon at close quarters. It also found use as a target pistol due to the longer barrel and grip and many matches were won in Europe prior to WW2. Nice example IMHO and a forerunner to the PP variants that came along later, concealed hammer aside.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Interesting is the fact, that your gun falls in the limited period, when Walther 'dumped out' the last parts from stock and Walther delivered Var. II guns within Var. III SN-range. Read what I've linked before...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting is the fact, that your gun falls in the limited period, when Walther 'dumped out' the last parts from stock and Walther delivered Var. II guns within Var. III SN-range. Read what I've linked before...

Great info! Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is the Model 8 as already noted. should be on .25ACP and marked the return of Walther to production of firearms post WW1 circa 1920 and carried on as such till EoP 1945. Much favoured as a back up / auxiliary firearm by the Air crew, tank crew etc, it was (and guess still is) easy to conceal and made a formidable weapon at close quarters. It also found use as a target pistol due to the longer barrel and grip and many matches were won in Europe prior to WW2. Nice example IMHO and a forerunner to the PP variants that came along later, concealed hammer aside.

Funny story about this little "hammerless" pistol. I used to work in bad parts of Nashville, Tennessee and needed an easily concealable pistol. So, my Dad gave me this. I carried it in my pocket. Sometimes I carried it stuck in my belt. One night while getting out of the car in a bad part of town, it flipped out of my belt and landed on the hammer and went off. Luckily it don't shoot me! I jumped back in the car quickly, and sped off. I didn't notice anything wrong with the car. About a week later while walking up to the car I noticed some paint hanging down. Upon further inspection, the bullet had lodged in the rocker panel. Dang, I was lucky. I had it fixed, and wonder if any of the subsequent owners ever found it? I learned not to carry hammerless pistols locked and loaded from that incident.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I do not know about J.G., but Earl did a fine job!

Reactions: A34
1 - 9 of 9 Posts