Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am a new member, and I am seeking assistance in evaluating a P38 pistol that my father gave me. The serial number is "9917 n ac 43", which I understand was manufactured by Walther in 1943. I have attached a number of photos for your view. I could only post 5 here, but I have several others. Thanks a bunch for any information on value that you can provide. Thanks. P.S. I am not interested in selling the gun; I am only interested in evaluating it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Damn that looks like one well preserved P.38! What a BEAUTY!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
You have a safe queen, very nice condition for that make and time (you are correct, December of 1943). Any history to it, papers, holster?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Accessories

No. No holster found, no papers or provenance (that I know of, but I will be sure to search for them). Are there any other locations where a serial number would be stamped? I found them on the frame, barrel assembly, slide, & locking block. Wondering if there's a 'hidden' serial number, such as the one stamped on the firing pin of the P08 Luger.

·
Registered
231 Posts
You found the four places where a serial reference is made. The P38 was not as an elaborate piece as the P08, which is one reason it was adopted. But waa markings, odd reject marks, etc sometimes show up that make some into infividuals!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts