Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello first of all I am brand new to the site. I just purchased a new P99 9mm, it actually hasnt come in yet but its on its way. The question I have and I promise you I have searched everywhere w/o any luck. Will the Streamlight M-6 tact light work on my new P99. Ive seen things about new pieces that now allow the SW99 to accept the M-6 but what about the P99? I found some info that said the M-6 will work on the Weaver which is what the P99 has right? Please someone help a newbie out! Love the site!

·
Registered
19 Posts
No it won't fit any P99 rail.  The '04 and later rail is too short, and the old rail is proprietary.  I haven't heard of any adapters but that might be worth looking into.

The Streamlight/Insight M5 is the only light I've seen that fits the '04 and later P99's.  The Surefire X200 could work if they made a locking plate for the P99, but so far no luck.

I should add that the XML mini-light fits the P99c.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Is this adapter what you're talking about? I was thinking of getting this and trying it out on a friends M6, but haven't as of yet. I think it should work.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Correct! That is the one. Streamlight actually sells the light with the adapter(latch bar) as a package or seperate for that matter. I found out that on the post 2004 P99's you can use the M3 and M6 with the adapter(latch bar) since they have the S&W 99 style rails. Thanks for the help! I went ahead and ordered the package so I guess Ill find out. Now if my damn P99 would come in!

·
Registered
93 Posts
What package do you mean and from where did you order it? Please post your trial results as soon as you can. I for one am very interested.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Streamlight PN#69090(M-6 with S&W 99/TSW Mount-**the same as the GGGAZ.com one**). The information I got about this working on the post 2004 P99(with the S&W Rails) was from the good man over at lenburg.com who is a Walther guru. The thing Is I am a authorized Streamligt dealer and one of the biggest in the country so ordering it wasnt an issue. Ill definitly keep everyone posted on this! if my P99 who now come in! Anyone know what kind of lead time Walther has on the P99 9mm's that have to be backordered?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the P990 QPQ and am also intrested in attaching either the M6 or the TLR-2,
I read on one site the TLR-2 is better than the M6 but no reason was given.

How can I tell what year my pistol was manufactured in, I bought it used?

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
this will tell you when your gun was manufactured

though there been a cange in the 2005 and later versions.... they have the date code not on the frame anymore .... it is lasered into the slide now.... nad it looks that way as it is a permanent change

·
Registered
26 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (uncut @ Mar. 08 2006,5:46)]this will tell you when your gun was manufactured

though there been a cange in the 2005 and later versions.... they have the date code not on the frame anymore .... it is lasered into the slide now.... nad it looks that way as it is a permanent change
You are the magik man....that was exactly what I needed. Mines the 99 model.
thanks again.
-rodeo

·
Registered
26 Posts
that adapter says its for the sw99, will that still fit the walther even though the trigger guard is different?
Ive also seen some picatinny adapters for the p99s that just slide on the existing rail, thus allowing more lighting choices.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a M6 on mine but you do need the adaptor linked above, also they are a bit wiggly, no big deal on the light but on the laser. It may move a few inches at 25 yards when you hit the switch. I shimmed mine up by putting velcro on the bottom of the M6. Not both sides of the velcro to make anything stick, just one side as a shim. It still slides on and off easy enough, holds zero and does not wiggle at all now. You can't see the velcro unless it's dismounted.

Rockets Out...

PS:I am talking new style (open end) rail only.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think so but have never used one. If not I can explain my fix which is actually rock solid, not noticable unless the light unit is off as it is in the the flat area of the light that mates with the bottom of the gun, it's black velcro and the light slides on and off easy. If one did not know it was added on it looks totally factory on or off and was a 2 minute fix.

Rockets Out.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yours is the new style rail correct? Mine is a 1999 model so I have a different rail I think.
I'm not really sure.
-rodeo

·
Registered
86 Posts
Is the end closed or does it look like a Glock rail? Mine is the new open ended Glock looking rail (well two out of four are). Otherwise I just ordered two of these things for my old styles and hope I can slap just about anything on them.

Rockets Out....

Walther Weaver Adapter

·
Registered
26 Posts
noj,
Thanks for contributing.
I was looking at an X2 subcompact earlier and the sales person told me that its only a 40 lumen lamp.
I was told the Blast-2 however is 95 lumens and has a superior laser when compared to the M6. Its also waterproof, and smaller in size than the M6.
The coolest thing is that you can get it for either closed rail pre '04 P99's and for the open rails on the newer P99's.
check it out, here is a picture of one.

-rodeo

·
Registered
86 Posts
The adaptor is for the old style, I just sold a Blast 2 for the old style on the for sale boards.

Rockets out...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts