Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my G22 about three months now and noted that the accuracy of the rifle seemed a little erratic, but put it down to being a brand new weapon.

The other day i thought i'd see if the scope was able to move around. holding the pistol grip and griping the scope i was able to feel a noticable amount of play about the point where the transversal locking pin joins the rear removable part of the stock to the foregrip section of the rifle.

i thought that tigtening the allen screw on the underside of the stock would help, but this just pulled the breach assembly down, causing the cocking handle to foul the stock, jamming up the weapon.

has/does anybody else suffer this problem (the play, or the cocking lever fouling) and does anyone have any advice?

kind regards

James

·
Registered
8 Posts
Too much pressure on the rear screw can cause the plastic pieces to bind and obstruct the cocking handle, as you experienced. With all the plastic in the stock, there's bound to be some give.

As for the scope wiggle, I have not suffered this problem on mine yet. If you feel that the probem lies with the rear screw, perhaps it is not seating well enough and a few tiny washers could help. Even then, the receiver and barrel are connected independent of the plastic stock. The play in your scope may be a result of loose screws in the scope rail riser, the forked piece that rises up to the mounting rail. Try tightening or shimming these screws to see if that stiffens up your scope mount.

Good luck.
-Bob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts