Walther Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

New member here. I picked up a new PK380 yesterday and there are orange spots in the slide. Wondering if anyone else has seen this before? Is it a defect? It is "ugly" and nothing like this is visible on my PPQ.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love the gun

Thanks for responding!

It's definitely a keeper, just waiting to hear back from Walther customer service. Perfect size and I love the way it shoots and feels in my hands. I love every Walther that I get a chance to hold in my hands.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am certainly not going to return it. I just finished putting the 1st 50 rounds through it. No issues. I can clearly see why it's a hit with people that have weak hands/wrists. I have carpel tunnel and I don't feel any pain after shooting 50 rounds. No recoil. The slide is so easy. I can shoot it one-handed. I simply love it! I love my PPQ 40 too. The PK380 is gonna be my primary gun for concealed carry. Now, I just have to find more ammo for it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
PK380 With Slide Discoloration--Have Same Problem

Bought a new PK380 from on-line dealer about 30 days ago. When I was cleaning it before heading to the range I found multiple orange-red dots along the side of the slide and also two right on the front end of the slide.
I called Walther CS, described the problem and the individual basically
could have cared less. When I pushed the issue he advised that there was
a problem in the finish of the weapon and that I should "cover the dots with oil." (That didn't help at all.)
I told him it was a brand new weapon and did not feel that my gun
should have been released from the factory with the finish defect. There was no offer from him to exchange it or fix it. I told him that I didn't feel that my experience spoke well for Walther and customer service. I further
advised him that I would querying the Internet to see if others were
experiencing this problem.
I took the weapon to the range and put about 100 rounds through it.
It functioned flawlessly and is a keeper. I have a P22 with about 700 rounds through it and it has functioned perfectly with all kinds of ammo.
Just a bit disappointed with the Walther CS response and surprised regarding the PK380 finish..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Fit and finish

This is/was my first Walther.. PK380 and must say It's a good looking piece at first glance.. Fits me pretty good,, I have orange all over it.. Have about 200 rounds through it.. I am however very disappointed in the finish and lack of support.. Fitment I guess is what you would expect from a toy company making their first real firearm,, Functions good and cycles everything I put through it.. Well after having extractor fixed that is.. Its not very accurate either.. Shoots low and way right.. I can move the rear sight with my thumb and it is now as far left as possible and still shoots 5 to 6 inches right.. The so called safety, well certainly an after thought... I have Browning, Sigs, 1911s. And several revolvers and in the 10 with all.. This pk380, aim high and to the left and pray..
If you all are on the bulls eye feel fortunate.. Check out some other forums and see there are more having problems than not.. I can NOT reccomend this gun for protection...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.