Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, My beautiful bride and I are getting VERY old (but youg at heart). After many hand and wrist surgeries we got her a PK380 so that she could operate the slide. All of her older pistols were too stiff to operate. The PK380 has met her needs but she has worried about being able to drop the hammer without an inadvertent fire. My Beretta 92f drops the hammer when switching the safety to ON. The PK380 does not do this which leaves her with the problem of dropping the hammer manually. Any suggestions? Would this be a problem with a PPK/S?
TIA, Ray

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
"Would this be a problem with a PPK/S? "
PPKs drop the hammer when the safety is moved to on but.....the slide requires superhero strength to pull. I have one and I find it to be difficult. To my wife, impossible.

The PK380 doesn't drop the hammer when moving the safety to on, and yes, it is a problem because the safety lever positions are marked with a little S and a little F, hard to see with old eyes. I painted the F area in red (Rostoleum). That makes the easier to discern the position of the safety lever.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts