Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a new Walther PK380 last Saturday and I'm taking it to Fedex today to return it for repair. When I inspected it at the store I noticed scuff marks on the outside of the barrel and the trigger seemed heavy for a 4 pound SA pull. I asked them to give me another gun and they said they couldn't. Since I bought it on-line at RKGuns.com it would have to be returned to them. It seems that Rural King Stores and RKGuns are two different entities and the right hand can't shake the left. Rather than wait another month I decided to take the gun. The scuff marks were cosmetic and maybe a little cleaning and firing would lighten the trigger. My trigger scale showed 7.5 lbs SA pull repeatedly. (DA was 10.5 lbs). The advertised trigger pull is 4 lbs for SA. I cleaned it up and took it to the range yesterday and it worked fine. Only one FTF in 75 rounds (the last 24 were JHP). It was the last round in a mag and I may have limp wristed it. When I came home I checked thetrigger and it was ~7 lbs in SA. I called Walther and they emailed me the return documents. The woman who answered the phone pooh-poohed the scuff marks saying, "that happens during manufacturing". I said I've bought a number of new guns from other manufacturers and they don't have scuff marks. She basically said my other guns weren't Walthers and they don't do anything about minor minor manufacturing scratches. I didn't argue. I just made note of the marks on the service dept. paperwork. We'll see what service does, if anything.
I'll keep the forum informed about Walther's service.
Here's a shot of the marks. When you get the barrel at just the right angle they look worse than the photo. But again, they are just cosmetic and when I get the gun back if Walther Service doen't do anything about them I can do some buffing.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
The woman who answered the phone pooh-poohed the scuff marks saying, "that happens during manufacturing". I said I've bought a number of new guns from other manufacturers and they don't have scuff marks. She basically said my other guns weren't Walthers and they don't do anything about minor minor manufacturing scratches.
What the barrel looks like on my PPS, i.e. NO "manufacturing scuff marks", just some minor loss of finish caused by use (it's a 2013):

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What the barrel looks like on my PPS, i.e. NO "manufacturing scuff marks", just some minor loss of finish caused by use (it's a 2013):

Did I mention mines brand new?

·
Registered
320 Posts
That's 100% normal, I handled several new an used ones and they are ALL like that. Some a little more than others, but they still all have it.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Those chatter marks are caused by sharp edges on the hole in the front of the slide because the barrel tilts down and back up every time the gun cycles. You can try breaking the corners VERY VERY lightly with a fine stone or 600 paper, or you can leave it alone and wait for normal wear to do it for you. Don't polish out the marks; you'll just make the barrel undersized.

M

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fedex delivered a package yesterday from Walther. It was a brand new gun! New serial number. No explaination, and NO scuff marks on the barrel. The SA trigger still feels a little heavy for 4 pounds but I haven’t tested it yet with the scale. I’ll disassemble and clean it this weekend and start the breakin next Monday or Tuesday. I hope it runs as well as the one they kept.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts