Walther Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a fairly new owner of a pk380 and curious if anyone makes a fiber optic night sight replacement for the stock sights. If anyone has any leads please chime in and post a link or two for me. Please and Thanks, Eric.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I'm guessing there is no help for some night sights for the pk380?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Apparently no one has tried it, which might say something about the pistol itself. The PK380 is, at best, a marginal, low-entry handgun. Why throw additional money into it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My wife genuinely enjoys the pk380 and I would like to make it a bit more useful in low light conditions as well as during the day. Guess I'll have to recruit some creative measures and a good gun smith in order to pull this one off. Thanks for the offering. Gonna see if I can get a set of TFO's on it.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Yeah, understood. Glad that the wife likes the pistol. My daughter likes hers as well. As it stands now, they more or less are what they are. I'd love to see Umarex update the PK380 and toss some quality into it. A few decent aftermarket products might follow in its wake if that actually happened.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Totally agree! The aftermarket for this gun is dead. A few updates and some aftermarket goodies would be great for the pk380. I myself enjoy shooting it and have several friends that claim it will be their next purchase.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have to say that I've enjoyed my PK380. It may be an 'entry level' firearm, but it certainly sparked my Walther obsession. :)

Let us know what you find out about the night sights.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I've evolved away from walthers but this gun definitely got me back into semi-autos. I myself now have a Springfield Armory XD(m) 9mm compact. Truely enjoy shooting them both. The wife took over the pk380 and loves it.

Beans and CornBread!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I have to say that I've enjoyed my PK380. It may be an 'entry level' firearm, but it certainly sparked my Walther obsession. :)

Planning on trying to find a set I can manipulate to fit without too much machining. I did try some of that glow paint, no luck, would glow for a short time but not something I'd want to depend on. Plan B time.

Beans and CornBread!

·
Registered
4 Posts

I love my PK380 and I would like to get a Walther 9mm but am not sure which to go with, PPQ or P99. Suggestions?

·
Registered
97 Posts
BlueMountain...both the PPQ and the P99 are great 9mm pistols. Other users rave about both guns on this forum. A lot of positive comments, few if any, negatives for either gun. Personally, I was drawn to the P99. In my eyes, it's gotta be one of the best looking firearms I've ever seen. I ended up with a 9mm "QA", then a first generation model that's my favorite.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
I love my PK380 and I would like to get a Walther 9mm but am not sure which to go with, PPQ or P99. Suggestions?
Depends on what you want to do with it. If it's for concealed carry, then the P99 AS is the way to go, in my view, because of the extra level of safety that is built into the pistol. My advice would be to try both, however, and see which one best fits your hand and eye. Might be that you'd want one of each.

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
This thread was probably also brought to life after more than six long years by the forum's infamous "Recommended Reading" feature...
@admin, please stop this unnecessary user experience.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What kind of sights did u use

Only thing I can think of for home made is get fiber optics and drill out the front sight and then mount the fiber with apoxy or something, the do the rear also... like doing this on a Bridgeport machine not hand drilling it...
I contacted Walter directly and they told me, they do not know of any vendors that make sights for the pk380...and that the front sight is machined on the slide also...
So maybe he will reply back, but I like this pistol for conceal carry, but I want to see better on the sights..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts