Walther Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what happened but...I cleaned my pk380 last night and put everything back together as I have many many times before. Except this time after I put it back together the slide will not move. I cannot rack it back and I can't even take it back apart as it will not move at all...it's lubed up and all clean, functioned fine up until last night and never had any issues...the slide is stuck but the barrel and spring piece is sticking out a little...any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
126 Posts
You probably starting dropping slide down before pulling back far enough. The .380 are a real pain with stock spring. Pull up while trying to pull back slide harder or even with a jurk. It will probably come on back. Once it starts moving, come back fast and hard till it bumps good. That last little bump before it really gets back far enough is the hammer being pushed all the way down. Now drop the slide down and let it slide fwd easy. Do not let go of it. Do not come fwd till you see the slide rail touch flat on the frame.

·
Registered
10,506 Posts
If you are seeing the recoil spring sticking out the nose of the slide that is what is binding the slide against the barrel. Without looking at it I can't tell you what would be the best way to proceed. I'm also not sure on the PK380 if one end of the recoil spring is larger than the other to prevent this exact problem. On many pistols the recoil spring fits one way only....large end forward.

See if there is any way to shove the wire back under the muzzle end of the slide with something like a thin, wood popsicle stick. What you want to do is press the windings back behind the nose of the slide. If you can't get it take it to a gunsmith or call the factory. You haven't ruined the pistol but do check to make sure the recoil spring is properly fitted before re mounting the slide. M1911

1 - 3 of 3 Posts