Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I were at the range tonight and my pk380 fire a three round burst. Has anyone heard of this problem?

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
No, but you now have an illegal class III machine gun. You need to get that pistol back to Walther ASAP before the BATF gets wind of it. They WILL prosecute you for it and quite likely put you in jail.

The Fuds do not screw around about this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you...

Thank you. I know and I have already emailed walther. Awaiting a reply. My question still stands, has anyone else experienced this problem with their pk380?

·
Registered
363 Posts
No have nerver heard of a PK380 going full auto...but I would not email Walther I would call them ASAP 479-242-8500

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
I had a TPH which did the same thing. It turned out that the previous owner monkeyed with the main spring to "smooth out" the trigger. A new spring fixed mine.

If yours is new, Walther need to know what is going on, and also to fix it.

Photo

·
Registered
721 Posts
never had this happen to ours and i am surprised that walther didn't contact you. i take it you made the next person aware of the gun's situation.

·
Registered
176 Posts
All my emails to Walther have gone unanswered. But if you get them on the phone, they're great.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Walther never answers email.. They only respond to to a phone call.
I've had emails answered, though early on. But if this is something new, and if they aren't bothering with emails now, they might as well shut off the mechanism to avoid both confusion and frustration.

Even so, I'd sure as hell answer an email that listed this problem.

Something isn't right in that operation, and it's high time they got a handle on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yes, I told the dealer where I purchased and subsequently traded the pistol about the burst fire. It would be irresponsible to not say anything. I did get a return email a couple of days later to call customer service. The pistol is being sent to Walther for repairs and probably resold. Turns out this is the second walther burst fire at that dealer. The first involved a 380 as well, but ended with an injured bystander at the dealer's test pit.
I truly enjoyed shooting my PK380 and it was my ccw of choice. Light weight, good looking, and accurate I miss PK380, but after the mafunction, and the lack of response from Walther... I included contact info and expected at least a call.
Oh well. Carrying a Glock 19 gen4. Fun to shoot. Not as classy as my old pk380, but with much better customer support.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts