Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i recently had a chance to fire a friends PK380 and boy did i love it. Was accurate and functioned perfectly. To the point where i wanted to buy one. My only gripe is, why are "ALL" .380 handguns limited to 7-8 rounds? i Thought my wife would love it, but she has a Glock42 and loves it. But even it is limited to what, 6 rounds? Does anybody know why .380 handguns have such a low ammo capacity? The Glock 25 / 28 are both basically equivalents to the 17 / 19 but are not for sale in the US?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Look at it from the other direction - if you're going to make the gun bigger, why not have it run a "real" cartridge like 9mm? I suspect that's the answer to your question. That said, check out the Beretta 84 - IIRC it's a 13-round .380.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Look at it from the other direction - if you're going to make the gun bigger, why not have it run a "real" cartridge like 9mm? I suspect that's the answer to your question. That said, check out the Beretta 84 - IIRC it's a 13-round .380.
I have the Beretta 82bb. I love that little gun, but racking the slide is not for girls hands.

.380 Pistols are mostly compact pistols, that you want to conceal. The smaller the grip is, the better it`s concealable. So smack in siniglestack mags with low capacity.

Also most .380 are meant as bakup guns. Walther actually states, that is what the PK380 is meant for, at least here in germany. So also here, you want to have it as slim as possible.

You can get mag extensions at galloway. I have two of them, but took them off again as the mag spring is streched so far, that tehre is not enough tension to keep the new, thicker baseplate securly on the mag.
The magextension gives room for one more round in the mag.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts