Walther Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
What a beauty! Just got my Q5 the day before yesterday from Kentucky Gun Company and came down with the flu! I had the chance to fire approx 300 rounds, a bit to the left, but can correct. Not a SF but a great feeling firearm with super accuracy. Here it is sitting on my dining room table with me just staring at it! I ordered a Vortex Venom which should be here tomorrow. I choose the Venom mainly because of the top loading battery and the lifetime warranty. Why may I ask was your reason to go with C-More?

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've shot some flavor of C-mores since the early 90's when they first came out with the Serendipity (honestly, that's what they called it!) - prolly owned 30 + over the years. I have never had a problem that their customer service hasn't been able to take care of pronto for me. I currently have five RTS2s - three 6moa & 2 8moa - four are Gen 4 & newest is Gen 5 - and only one of them has been back for repair.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I was looking into getting either a C-More RTS-2 or a Trijicon SRO.
They both have big windows, which makes for faster finding of the dot.

The Trijicon SRO comes with a lifetime warranty.
The RTS-2 comes with a one-year warranty.

The SRO best price is around $490
The RTS-2 best price is around $380

The Q5 Match comes with a mount for the SRO.
The RTS-2 requires an optional mount for $65

Totals:
SRO $500
RTS-2 $445

I like the lifetime warranty and will pay the extra $45 for it.

BTW: I had an RTS-2 several years ago and had to send it back, right after I bought it new. They had issues with the battery contacts.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Worth it to look at the FTP Alpha 3. I think it's made in the same factory as C-More. It has glass that's similar in size to the new Sig Max and SRO but without the thick housing of the SRO.
Mine's only got about 4-500 rounds on it but so far I'm liking it. Available in 6 or 8 moa. You need the RTS-2 adapter plate and a smidge milled from the front of the slide cut.

Less $$ than the other two.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Besides grips, what did you do to the Sig P320?
Nothing at this time but I have ordered the P320 Competition Trigger System from GrayGun as I really don't like the current trigger. I did have the gun sent in and upgraded by Sig to make it (so called drop safe) whatever that was worth but hey it didn't cost me anything and now I can say it's drop safe.

I rate it a distant third in target shooting compared to my Q5 SF and Q5 as a close second but hey it's still a great gun. I like the ability to order cheap lower modules and having the ability to fool around with he grip. The one pictured is the small module. Can't understand why Walther at least won't sell the molded plastic grips so folks can make to fit their needs. Walther is really missing the market by delaying things like grip options.

My 2 cents Keithwhtie100

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts
Walther is really missing the market by delaying things like grip options.

My 2 cents Keithwhtie100
I totally agree. Walther was very early in producing a plastic pistol with interchangeable backstraps.

They clearly know not all hands are the same.

They are not helping themselves by moving so slowly with the SF.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yes. TF blames it on Walther. I just wrapped 2 layers of electrical tape around the front of the grip about 1/2 way back. Install the magwell and cut off the excess. No biggie other than having to do it every time I switch from USPSA CO to IDPA CO. But...I think I'm going to keep this SF just for USPSA CO though and go back to my optic 1911's for IDPA. Don't need the capacity and no matter how good the SF trigger is for a striker gun, it's no 1911.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I've a Q5 SF for Italian market caliber 9x21 mm (Italy is the only state that use this caliber for civilian people).
I found that out oft the box the handgun shot to the left. To adjust the standard sights i moved near to the right limit the regulation. Target at 25 meter.
Has someone the same deviation?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts