Walther Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
But, but.......it is on the Internet, it must be true!

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Both weigh in at 19oz but height is off by 1/10th....obviously I did not verify every pistol.
Many of the technical details in the American Walther handgun catalogue are completely wrong – for years. Nevertheless, they are copied over and over again. The way Walther Arms USA deals with the technical details is an embarrassing and absolutely inadequate performance.

On their website there are many mistakes too, which obviously don't bother anyone except me. Under such conditions the tool has no possibility to display the technical details of the Walther weapons correctly.

The weights of the PPK and PPK/S models are really different of course and the scales in Germany seem to be a bit more accurate than in the rest of the world. The trigger travels, which have also been misprinted in the American catalogue for several years already, are also correct on this German table:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
There was a time when the data in the American handgun catalogue were accurate/reasonable. In any case, a PPK/S weighs more than a PPK for sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts
https://waltherarms.com/ppk-s/

https://waltherarms.com/ppk/

Walther USA isn't doing any better correctly distinguishing between the PPK and PPK/S. (They show a height of 3.8 inches and a weight of 19 oz for both pistols!?)

The feature I like most about "handgunhero" is that based on my experience handling a particular handgun, I can get a good visual on the footprint difference between it and another handgun I'm interested in, but have never handled. (This of course assumes both pics are at the same scale and without distortion.)

·
Registered
492 Posts
If we use the tool to compare the PPQ Classic (M1) with the PPQ M2 9mm 4", the dimensions are identical and correspond exactly with the data on the Walther (German) website and in the Walther USA catalogue. Both of these sources also state the same weight for each pistol (695g or 24.5oz).

However, according to the tool the weights are quite different, namely 21.5oz (610g) for the M1 and 24.5oz (695g) for the M2.

My kitchen scale is German, and therefore not to be argued with. It tells me that the PPQ Classic/M1 weighs 721g (25.4oz).

I therefore must conclude that neither Walther Germany nor Walther USA have stated the correct weights and that the tool shows a discrepancy of almost 4oz (3.9oz or 111g).

Balor

·
Registered
100 Posts
If we use the tool to compare the PPQ Classic (M1) with the PPQ M2 9mm 4", the dimensions are identical and correspond exactly with the data on the Walther (German) website and in the Walther USA catalogue. Both of these sources also state the same weight for each pistol (695g or 24.5oz).

However, according to the tool the weights are quite different, namely 21.5oz (610g) for the M1 and 24.5oz (695g) for the M2.

My kitchen scale is German, and therefore not to be argued with. It tells me that the PPQ Classic/M1 weighs 721g (25.4oz).

I therefore must conclude that neither Walther Germany nor Walther USA have stated the correct weights and that the tool shows a discrepancy of almost 4oz (3.9oz or 111g).

Balor

Are you sure, your kitchen balance does show the correct values?

Because of its German scale your balance maybe doesn't feel well in an American ambience with all its inches and ounces and it squawks by false values against that.:p :D

Seriously:

The discrepancy you note is remarkable. :eek:
Nevertheless I nearly can't believe, that an enterprise with an international reputation like Walther can't scale in a correct way.

·
Registered
492 Posts
The discrepancy you note is remarkable. :eek:
Nevertheless I nearly can't believe, that an enterprise with an international reputation like Walther can't scale in a correct way.
The large discrepancy (3.9oz or 111g) is between the tool data and the “kitchen scale” weight of my own pistol. The discrepancy between the official Walther Germany/Walther USA data and the actual weight of my own pistol is less, namely 26g, or almost one ounce.

I don't doubt for one minute that Walther use accurate scales, but perhaps the person who read the weight (or the person who entered said weight into the data bank) should get his/her eyes tested.

Would any other members like to post their “kitchen scale” weight of the M1 or M2?

Balor

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
They seem to have no interest at all in their website displaying the correct values. Even if you don't know the exact values, you'll find contradictory information.

Especially the website and the catalogue of Walther Arms USA have been disappointing for years; the German editions are not perfect, but much more accurate. It's a shame.

·
Registered
273 Posts
On one of their pistol charts they listed the PPQ .22 as having a "Zinc cast" slide like the P22 - which it does not.

So even Germans can make mistakes!

(I'm German, and make plenty!)

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
On one of their pistol charts they listed the PPQ .22 as having a "Zinc cast" slide like the P22 - which it does not.

So even Germans can make mistakes!
At least the German catalogue on their German website lists the correct material for the PPQ .22 models. The correct data seem to get lost crossing the Atlantic.

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
The German (carl-walther.de) website description of the PPQ.22LR:

• Kunststoff-Griffstück mit eloxiertem Aluminium-Schlitten

Translation:
Plastic(Polymer) frame with anodized aluminium slide.

Balor

·
Registered
273 Posts
The German (carl-walther.de) website description of the PPQ.22LR:

• Kunststoff-Griffstück mit eloxiertem Aluminium-Schlitten

Translation:
Plastic(Polymer) frame with anodized aluminium slide.

Balor
The link to the incorrect chart from Waltherarms has been removed.

I had sent a link to an acquaintance from Walther USA pointing out the incorrect information back in April, and he said he was going to look into it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts