Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother and I went out shooting the saturday before fathers day and put about 300 rounds through my p99c. I must say that my older brother (going on his 7th year in the army, and he has been a sniper trainer amongst other things) was pleasently impressed with the walther. He did not like the pinky extension, and when he used the other mages he groups about halfed in size.
Has anyone else ever experienced this? I prefer the pinky extension because it help control the muzul flip for quicker follow up shot IMHO. What does everyone else think.
I would also like to get some more pinky mags, but when I now have a wife and a brother who don't like, I can't bring myself to buy more extensions.  

·
Registered
13 Posts
I shoot way better with them than without. I even ordered a couple so i could swap out the flat baseplates.

It does seem like the gun prints a bit more (on me at least) with the extension when I carry, but the difference in my shooting more than makes up for that.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I shoot mine much better without the extension..... my wife likes it with the extension.....
I also think it carries better without the extension......
the mag extensions is one thing that keeps me from getting the P2000SK at this point ....

·
Registered
310 Posts
For my hands, the extension still isn't long enough so my pinky ends up underneath the magazine anyway. So for the increased concealability, I use the flat base plates. If your hands are small enough that your pinky actually rests on the extension, then I would think it would be a big benefit.

Jim

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Well, my hands are small - and the extension works perfectly. Someone sent me an extra extension last year, so both of my mags have the extension.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I like the pinky extensions and want to get a couple more...CDNN is sold out...any other suggestions on where to get some at a good price?

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Earl's sells the extension for $10....
so you can order some regular mags for $20 from CDNN and some extension from Earl... total $30
better than $40 for a mag ordered from S&W

·
Registered
19 Posts
The extensions are very likeable in most hands beyond medium size. Also, any concealment detraction is only slight and is easily offset in better handling ability.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts