Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve noticed that a small pin on the upper part of the grip seems to be out a bit. It may be slowly walking out or it may have been that way from the time I bought it new. I really can’t recall. At some point, I noticed it, but it doesn’t bother me while shooting.

My son has been shooting with me and he normally shoots left handed and has been experimenting right handed. This weekend he pointed out the pin and asked about it.

I had the RO to look at it and he thought it looked as if it was working itself out. Tried bumping it back in with the butt end of a large pocket knife. Didn’t seem to move it at all. So, we kept shooting it.

Once home, we tried to tap it back in with a hammer and it didn’t budge. So, it doesn’t seem to be moving and shoots just fine without irritating our hands.

Normal, not normal? Ideas?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sear pin walking out.

My PPS M2 did that after about 1000 rnds. Probably about 8 months ago. That is the sear pin walking out. The pin bit me when firing. Walther sent a return label. They replaced the sear housing, sear pin and trigger housing if I recall. The trigger had always been gritty. When I got the gun back a week after I sent it in, it had a trigger that's smooth and crisp. Free to me, but about $180 in warranty work.

I now have another couple thousand rounds through it. No more problems and the free trigger job alone was worth the hassle.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
I would give Walther a call and resist trying to hammer the pin back in. You will begin to. blunt the pin and Walther might take that the wrong way. You really do not want to have any trigger connected component out of spec for obvious reasons. what I have read is thet Walther is quick on QC turn arounds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts