Walther Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Looks exactly like the S&W frames :(
Maybe old stock? The ones that were featured a few months ago in that digital magazine article appeared to have been better machined and almost looked like Interarms quality.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Not old stock. Fort Smith went with the same redesigned tang, which though not as aesthetic to some, I find to be an improvement. To me, it makes the gun better balanced, easier to control, faster on followup shots, and reduces Walther bite.
The design is not what I was referring to. The extended tang was to be expected. What I am dissatisfied with is the apparent lack of machining on the frame and slide. It looks exactly like the S&W quick production model that was made in the USA. I expected better from Walther and thought they would do a better job since they were going to be producing this next run. Hence why I questioned if it could possibly be remnants of the old S&W production that they were trying to get rid of.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.