Walther Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
I don't particularly like the new pistols but at least I noticed a slight improvement on the black model that after all still looks a little bit like a real gun: the slide legend is now more balanced because of the smaller fonts. I won't comment anything on the stainless version. I even have to admit that I'm not familiar with toys and pimp accessories.

Here's the photo of an earlier phantom PPK shown recently at SHOT Show 2016:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
They're both ugly as sin. Interesting serial number on the stainless, AAD00158. That implies there are some 30,157 preceding examples ready to go.
Maybe the serial number on the stainless sin is rather AA000158 but interesting anyway because it features the last digit being a check digit. If that's the case, a single trash can is enough for storage. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
The new PPK/S indeed looks nicer than expected, at least the stainless version. I wonder how the blued (should I say black?) versions look like in the meantime. Those first shown models had a rather ugly finish and reminded me of a cheap toy.

Whether and when the models will be on the market doesn't matter to me fortunately. Due to the very unattractive calibre I will probably limit myself to only one exemplar for my collection anyway. I assume that the new models will not be officially offered in Europe; so far there are no indications at all. Probably they will have to be imported individually.

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
While not quite as pretty as traditional Bluing, Melonite is far more durable/corrosion-resistant. Also, application is as simple as boiling the slide, frame, and barrel in a salt bath solution, so you're all but guaranteed to get a uniform finish.
Is it possible that the PPK presented at SHOT show 2016 featured a (durable?) Melonite treated slide put on a blued (older?) frame? This could explain why I can't recognise a uniform finish. It's obvious that this exemplar is far from beautiful.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.