Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening. I am thinking of getting replacement grips for my PPK. I'm having trouble finding a good selection for anything but the PPK/S. I was wondering if anyone could show me a few options for a PPK that is S&W made.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention one thing. If anyone has grips from eagle grips, plase post them. I have no clue what their PPk grips look like since their site is so vague and general.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have Pachmayr grips on mine and really adds to the shootability and pointability with no loss of concealabilty and no drag on drawing...

Eagle has some fine grips...I like their Premium inovries...the synthetic ones
think they are called Ultra Ivory...I have some on my Ruger Super Blackhawk.

Eagle does fine work....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have Pachmayr grips on mine and really adds to the shootability and pointability with no loss of concealabilty and no drag on drawing...

Eagle has some fine grips...I like their Premium inovries...the synthetic ones
think they are called Ultra Ivory...I have some on my Ruger Super Blackhawk.

Eagle does fine work....
So Pachmayr makes grips for the PPK? I can only find that they make them for the PPK/S.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
For shooting, and quite attractive besides, the Nill grip for the PPK is simply the best, bar none. It's also the most expensive....

·
Registered
729 Posts
PanaDP: I just got a set of white plastic PPK grips on Ebay. When I get them, I'll post a pic or two or three. I really like the way the factory black or brown plastic fits and feels and functions. I've found some aftermarket handles to be too bulky or too smooth for such a small gun.

I've seen asking prices on Walther web sites of $250 for the white plastic grips. The seller I bought from had sold another set for over $100 but I got mine for $71. Still alot for just plastic but I think the white will look really good on my engraved stainless gun.

·
Banned
7,055 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Eagle grips only lists the PP/PPKS NOT the PPK...

also those Nile grips have extensions that make the whole thing BIGGER right?

·
Banned
7,055 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Deputy, we GOTTA see pics of those grips on your PPK when you get them!!!

·
Banned
7,055 Posts

·
Banned
7,055 Posts

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Corrosion was worse on the right side at the top. Note cracks on right side from grip screw to the top of the grip going through the "W" in Walther.
On left side there are two cracks. One comes down from grip screw to the base of the grip...that is pretty easy to see. The other branches off to form an inverted "Y" and wraps around the back of the grip and comes down. Harder to see but if you look real close at the bottom of the backstrap you can pick it out.
The grips themselves are impossible to seperate. Any further attempts would just break them completely. The insides of the grips are quite "tacky-sticky" like there is fresh glue on them. Especially behind the area where the corrosion is.
I may end up using them as "testers" to see exactly which chemical did the corrosion. I haven't done it so far in case S&W wants them back. But once I get the replacements, I may do the testing. Here's an interesting thought....the grips on the WW2 P-38 (and other plastic grip Walther pistols) are actually something called "bakelite". Bakelite is a material based on the thermosetting phenol formaldehyde resin, polyoxybenzylmethylenglycolanhydride developed in 1907–1909 by Belgian-American Dr. Leo Baekeland. Formed by the reaction under heat and pressure of phenol (a toxic, colourless crystalline solid) and formaldehyde (a simple organic compound), generally with a wood flour filler, it was the first plastic made from synthetic components. I wonder if Bakelite was used on the postwar grips made by Manurhin and other Walther pistol makers? Perhaps S&W is the first one to use polymer grips and that's why this problem has surfaced. When I had a large WW2 P-38 collection I gave all of them a thorough cleaning with Hoppe's #9 and nothing like this ever happened.

Dep

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 29 Posts