Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I finally got some pics taken. This P88 has had alot of use, looks as if more than 1000 rounds plus has been through it and the finish is what I would consider about 95%. But the good news is all papers including the original sales receipt and 3 mags was included. In 1992 it sold for $995 minus the Interarms PPK/S the guy traded in.

I was able to put a couple mags downrange and it is very easy to shoot accurately, at least equal to my P99's. I am convinced that the P88 quality is unmatched. The first thing I noticed is that it neatly laid all the empties in one pile. Secondly, despite that it has been shot alot, there is no wear on the iodized frame rails. Absolutely no black rubbed off at all, and incredible slide to frame fitting job.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Very nice, and a great collection you have there ;) I had an early P88 with the tall sights, and foolishly sold it to pay for some forgotten need - bad move on my part. Enjoy yours and have fun shooting it. Few guns can match the fit and finish of the P88 and earlier Walthers.

·
Patron
212 Posts
Iodized is what they do to salt, ANODIZED is what they do to aluminum and aluminum alloys. ;) :)

Nice piece though!! I wish I had one in my collection (along with that P5c!!).........congrats!

·
Patron
212 Posts
;) Not a problem!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts