Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Nice contrast!

Congrats on the pickup, seems you have a Walther bug!

Please report back :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks Slacker. I agree with lotsagas (edit: and Boogs, whose comment hit seconds before mine) on the picture ... it's actually the most appealing pic of the PPX I've seen. The stock photos make it look kind of blah in comparison, for some reason. Makes me want to at least take a look in person if one of my LGS has on hand. I still think the 5" M2 will be next to get my dough, but I think since the PPX is going to be around for a while I might have to acquire one at some point down the road ... if 16rd non commie-capacity (10rd) PPX mags can be had for cheap I might want to pick a couple up to get the most out of a future PPX purchase, in the event the politicians have a massive brain fart.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't go tomorrow, so I'm looking at the middle of next week. Rest assured I will give a detailed range report with pics of any malfunctions and accuracy results.:cool:

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I'm curious about the proof mark.

Is it the Ulm Antler?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Curious as to how much you paid, if you don't mind me asking. I've been thinking about getting one as a knock around gun that I won't worry about getting scratched or damaged while I carry at work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just picked up the PPX 9mm at Point Blank in Blue Ash Ohio. I have been looking for a PPQ 40 Cal for a while and can not find one. I didn't like the looks of the PPX I saw on the net. I was about to buy a Berreta Px 40 cal when I looked at the 9mm's. The PPX looked better in person. I Held the PPX and it felt so nice. Then I saw the price. $425.00! Case, two mags, lock and manual. Will take it out tomorrow I hope and see how it performs.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey guys just thought I would upload some more pics. Here is the PPX next to the PPQ and some sight POV pictures.:)

PPQ

PPX

·
Registered
97 Posts
Went to a gun show here in Vegas that's running over the weekend. One dealer had two PPX'x, both in 9mm. He was asking $449.00 for either of them.

In person, not a bad looking pistol. Aside from being a bit "blockier" compared to other Walthers, it didn't look bad. Once I hear some range reports, I'm definitely gonna give some thought to picking one up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
PPX at the range

Just got back from shooting my new PPX. I am so happy that I picked this up. It was spot on from the first shot to the last. No problem what so ever. The recoil was not much more than my PK380 and was more accurate. I would recommend the PPX 9mm for anyone looking for a new 9mm or someone looking to add to a Walther collection.

·
Registered
2 Posts
PPX

I love the way the gun looks and feels! Is the gun a bit large? Yes, but it feels nice in my hand and it's a Walther!! I haven't had the chance to shoot it yet, but from what I've read, I'm not worried...........

Para Expert Stainless 1911 45ACP
XDM 9mm
PPX 9mm

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Bought new PPX 9 mm almost two months ago BNIB $360.00 with two 16 round mags. Love it. Accurate and dependable. Great trigger. Just waiting to find spare mags somewhere.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts