Walther Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be wrong, but they seemed to be hard to find (with the AS trigger), after I pretty much decided I wanted one. So when I had a chance to drop in the area's largest gunshop yesterday while traveling through a big city, about an hour from my little city, I thought I'd see if any 99c's or PPS's were there. I didn't have high hopes as a phone call to them within the last two weeks resulted in a clerk telling me that they had none. What made me go out of my way to visit them I don't know.

Amongst hundreds of guns in the counter, they only had one full size P99 (in .40 at that). I lucked into a very dilligent store rep (retired school teacher) who went into the "back" several times in an attempt to find a 99c. The first time he returned, he came out with a full size. The next time he emerged, my hopes were raised when I saw the "c" by the 99 on the label, but hope was lost when I opened the case and saw the "QA" on the frame. He then disappeared for a longer time which I read as a bad sign. But to my surprise he appeared again with yet another blue plastic case in his hand. Could it be? Upon raising the lid, the "AS" on the frame was a sight for sore eyes!!! Yes!!!

Break-in starts this weekend!!!:D

·
Registered
406 Posts
Congrats on the find. I am starting to shoot my C more than the full-size, which has turned into a dedicated suppressor platform. I've become a big fan of those grip extension things that allow you to use the full size magazine in the C model and they seem to offer the most flexability for any use.
You should check into at least one or two just to have with your new purchase.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I've become a big fan of those grip extension things that allow you to use the full size magazine in the C model and they seem to offer the most flexability for any use.
You should check into at least one or two just to have with your new purchase
I could not agree more. I really like my compact and it is every bit as accurate as my full size. I too have invested in two grip extensions and they work great.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've become a big fan of those grip extension things that allow you to use the full size magazine in the C model and they seem to offer the most flexability for any use.
You should check into at least one or two just to have with your new purchase.
Where can these be obtained?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Great gun, you're gonna love it! It took me a while to get used to it since I'm not a big fan of the two finger grip but once I did I was in love. Is that in 9mm or .40 S&W?

·
Registered
115 Posts
9mm. I'm a 9 and 45 fan. In fact 9x19 for me means 9mm's and 1911's!:rolleyes:
Heh, let me know how things go when you select carry ammo. Mine was sort of unusual in that it is a picky eater but really likes Golden Sabers, especially the 124 grain ones.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heh, let me know how things go when you select carry ammo. Mine was sort of unusual in that it is a picky eater but really likes Golden Sabers, especially the 124 grain ones.
I will. Which loads didn't your "c" like and what were the problems?

I have a full size which I tested with Speer Gold Dots (124+P) and it likes those just fine. I never tested anything else in it since I have a source of "reclassified" law enforcement ammo in that load available at a very reasonable price making the performance testing nice and affordable. I keep non-reclass loads in the gun which are always available at the gunshows for around $20-22 for 50. I was going to stick with the Gold Dots in the compact as well for all of the same reasons. The gunshop did throw in a "box of ammo" with the sale, and the very nice clerk allowed me to select Corbon DPX which they had marked $42.99 (20 rounds). I'd love to carry it but verifying performance will break me!! To me you can't beat the value of Gold Dots: proven performance at a great price.

·
Registered
406 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Failures to feed. For some reason they just do not rise out of the magazine about 1 in 20 rounds. They just jam in between the breech face and the front of the magazine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts