Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 1968 P38 for $450. I’m happy with it regardless but how much do they usua

I think I might’ve overpaid a little. I’ve seen them at some funky prices online. Cosmetically great other than the usual wear on the moving parts. Shoots great and accurate. I’m now a happy Walther owner.

Attachments

·
Registered
496 Posts
Looks like a standard commercial version with polished slide, and just moderate wear on the corners, so I’d say the price is quite appropriate. As long as one stays below 500, debates over too much or great deals are generally just petty quibbling, and online comparisons are of limited value due to additional shipping and transfer costs. You did just fine if the gun functions as you expect it to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys 🙂 what’s impressed me the most is how good the trigger is. My only other pistol is a glock 43x and this trigger is 100x better. Walther does not mess around.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got my post P38 with one aftermarket mag for 410. Bought 2 Walther made mags for it for 40 more bucks for a total of 450. The parkerized finish is good on mine, but dulled from age. So you didn't do bad at all with your recent acquisition. I got lucky, as these guns usually retail for 500-550 at other shops near me.

The DA trigger on mine is very heavy and gritty, but the SA trigger is excellent with minimal takeup and creep (there is a little bit of both those qualities.) Very shocked at how good the trigger is on mine.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks guys 🙂 what’s impressed me the most is how good the trigger is. My only other pistol is a glock 43x and this trigger is 100x better. Walther does not mess around.
Every manufacturer's trigger is better than Glock

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts