Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching local shops for a PPS for a few weeks and came across one on consignment Sat. It was claimed to have 500 rnds through it, but the wear on the rails and slide looked to be more than that. I think a left handed shooter had it as the anthracite finish below the ring finger on the left side is worn off on a couple of the high spots.
Not a big deal for me as I plan to shoot it often and hopefully will carry it after I get a few hundred more rounds through it. Plus the price was good.

Put 100 rnds through it on Sat with no issues.

This is my first Walther, and overall I'm very happy with it. The only part I'm not crazy about so far is the trigger pull. It seems very gritty and doesn't have a crisp break to it. Hopefully it will smooth out as it wears.

Pat

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Pat.....
wanna share how much the PPS set you back and what serial it has.....
or maybe even share a pic or two....
how is the accuracy working out for you ??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I paid $525 (in Northern VA). Which I figured was good given the limited availability for one locally.
It's number 245.

Accuracy was pretty good given the short sight radius/barrell. At 7yrds I kept several mags within 4". At 15 yards, the group was about twice that size. I do need to adjust the rear sight on it though as my groups were impacting left of center.

Pat

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pat,

I handled the same PPS at the same gun shop (that was my Kahr P9 on consignment in the case).

I liked that PPS a lot, and confirmed that it fits my hand (the P2000SK does not). I did not ask them to field strip it, so did not notice the level of wear you mention (they told me about the 500 rounds too).

I am torn at the moment between getting an M&P 9c, which is about .2 inches wider and a tad heavier, or going for the PPS. The M&P has a decent reputation for reliability -- overcoming some early problems -- but the PPS doesn't have a positive or negative rep yet for reliability. Appreciate your other posting on disassembly too. An intriguing gun.

PPS Rover
N. VA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts