Walther Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Did the best I could with the crappy fluorescent lighting. I think it came out pretty darn good though.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Is there any way you could edit your picture to make it load faster? I have a very slowwww connect speed and your picy would not load after several minutes. I hate to be a dog, but I would like to see it...

edited to add: Never mind, it came through just as I posted my request.

NICE GUN! Good picture!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. My first studio firearm pic
Wish I'd had a white sheet, or something brighter for more contrast, but it works for now.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
mmmmmmmmmm nice......

How do you like photobucket

I need to find a good place to host my pics....

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
thanks....
I will do that ... and soon post all the pics I got

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice picture.

We should start a thread of just pics. (Or has that been done already?
)

Reminds me.. I need to get back in the studio and experiment more.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's 124gr mean plinkin' ammo there

I'll get some nasty stuff and a different color sheet sometime in the not too distant future and make some new pics...Once all my mags show up, I'll have piles of ammo, eight loaded mags, it'll be great.

Two of my mags showed up today, the other four should be here probably tomorrow (these were coming from California, the others were coming from Texas).

·
Registered
525 Posts
Looks nice, I've always appreciate the styling of the older p99's.

If you don't mind a few photography tips:
First read about the rule of thirds. http://www.betterphoto.com/exploring/tips/thirds.asp Lose all the empty space around the subject, place it off center instead of square in the middle and your picture will seem twice an interesting.

Now this is a bit more of a pain, but ammo really loves to reflect light in very nasty ways. You need more diffused lighting to offset this. Option 1 would be using soft boxes around the lighting. Think like a big lampshade that helps spread the light. On a budget a couple thin white sheets suspended over your shooting area can often do the trick. Next you could build something that you can put the subject in. Some people buy light tents or light cubes which is usually something like white nylon stretched around springy material that pops up into a little dome. Just place the lights around it. Some people build their own too http://www.pbase.com/wlhuber/light_box_light_tent

Looks like you're off to a good start though, keep shooting with both your camera and your 990!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the hints. I'm not sure if I'll ever get to that more elaborate level of photography (this setup was actually on our living floor with a bedsheet hung over a kitchen chair
) but maybe someday. The big killer here was the lousy fluourescent lamps we have (though not lousy when it comes to the electricity bill).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts