Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
PPK, PPK/S. PP, P5. PPK/S .22, PPX 9mm. P99c. CCP PPS M1 .40. PPS M2. PPQ .22. PPQ .40, PPQ Q4 SF,
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I really think, because of the major change with the takedown on the M2, they should allow (for a limited time) a chance to swap our M1 for the much improved M2.

There is no way I will purchase the M2, but of course would rather own it over the inferior M1.

Now before you jump on me that they didn't do it for the PPQ or PPS, those guns also didn't have the worst takedown contraption either.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If they do not make an improvement on the rough finished cylinder and drop safety, I don't believe that take down fix means that much. I'll stay with the one I have, unless they make me an offer I can't refuse. Quick

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Dreaming is good, but doing so admits something is “wrong” rather than just improved model.

It’s also difficult.

Let’s say they offer anyone with one $75 rebate if they trade the old model in? What do they do with all the guns that are turned in? It’s simply not gonna happen.

Best case, sell it and buy a new one.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Lol @ this thread - sell your CCP cheap on Armslist or the pawn shop and then go spend the difference on the "all new and improved" CCP M2 if you are dedicated to the pistol -

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Lol @ this thread - sell your CCP cheap on Armslist or the pawn shop and then go spend the difference on the "all new and improved" CCP M2 if you are dedicated to the pistol -

There's a term for this, throwing good money after bad!

With Umarex calling the shots, there are few current Walther firearms I'm willing to spend my money on, or shoot.

I'll carry my PPQ 45, and enjoy the hell out of shooting it. My other Walther is a NIB P5 Var4, from the "metal gun" Walther era. Purchasing another NIB P5 Var4 this week.

If I were to purchase a CCP M2, I would not enter into it expecting to be impressed, that's not saying it wouldn't. A broken clock is right twice a day.

As I posted in the "New CCP M2" thread.........

If my name goes on a petition to Walther, it will be for them to kick Umarex to the curb in Ulm, and design a real all metal handgun.

I'm thinking a new updated long barrel P5, in 45acp, 357SIG, or 10mm.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Well I can lay this to rest, I think. I just stopped by my LGS in hopes of seeing a PPS RMSc in person and no such luck.

However...

They did, for some reason, have the new CCP M2, so I took a closer look. The proof marks are for Koeln (Cologne), which of course means Umarex. :mad:

Observations in my haste:
1.) The trigger is way better than before...only just below average...which is way better!
2.) The slide had to be completely racked to charge it.
3.) Still incredibly good ergonomics in the grip...damn it. What a waste.

It could be a little better but I think it’s just lipstick on a pig.

Reactions: MikelP

·
Registered
PPK, PPK/S. PP, P5. PPK/S .22, PPX 9mm. P99c. CCP PPS M1 .40. PPS M2. PPQ .22. PPQ .40, PPQ Q4 SF,
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Ok guys, I got some good news!

Just called Walther In Ft. Smith, and they actually have plans in the works to allow people with the M1 to send it in to be converted into a M2!!!

No time frame yet, but stay tuned!

See, my idea wasn't as lol as you thought!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I will stay tuned for any offer like that. Seriously, my only complaint with the CCP is the field stripping. I hope they fired the clueless design team that came up with the idea that everyone needs a special tool to disassemble a firearm.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Meh. I needed to buy me a mallet and a special take-down tool to field-strip my wife's Ruger MkIII and those pistols sold in the tens of millions. At least Walther threw the tool in for free.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
If my name goes on a petition to Walther, it will be for them to kick Umarex to the curb in Ulm, and design a real all metal handgun.
Keep in mind Umarex bought Walther. They own it and the name. When someone’s buys your car, you don’t get to kick the new owner to the curb if you don’t like the oil they are using. Someone would have to buy the Walther name and associated assets from Umarex.

The way I see it, the asking price would be high as Umarex gets value from the Walther name. How many newbie gun owners buy a Umarex gun because they recognize the Walther name and it’s implied quality? How many of those same buyers what have bought a gun called Umarex?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Keep in mind Umarex bought Walther. They own it and the name. When someone’s buys your car, you don’t get to kick the new owner to the curb if you don’t like the oil they are using. Someone would have to buy the Walther name and associated assets from Umarex.

The way I see it, the asking price would be high as Umarex gets value from the Walther name. How many newbie gun owners buy a Umarex gun because they recognize the Walther name and it’s implied quality? How many of those same buyers what have bought a gun called Umarex?

You're right, Jimmo. Part of the CCP appeal was the Walther name. I probably wouldn't have looked at it twice if Umarex was stamped on the side. However, I still like the gun.

·
Registered
10,423 Posts
Meh. I needed to buy me a mallet and a special take-down tool to field-strip my wife's Ruger MkIII and those pistols sold in the tens of millions. At least Walther threw the tool in for free.
You forgot the part about the stars and moon being in the proper position....otherwise even a big hammer sometimes won't work. 1917

·
Registered
726 Posts
The only reason I can see for Walther to offer a trade in or up to a M2 is that they are spending a lot of time and money fixing the M1 version.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts