Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I got a stealthgear down here in MUGGY Louisiana and it is AMAZING. Conceals awesome, breathes, and I am a small guy and no one has noticed it yet with 7rd mag.
I have the Stealthgear "Onyx", and find it's just 'too much holster' for such a small gun.

·
Registered
43 Posts
On my Theis EZ Clip, yes it's a single clip holster, but it comes with adjustable cant at 15 degrees, the way the single clip is positioned on the holster it pulls the grip up close n tight to you, there is absolutely no printing and I wear rock n roll tight jeans n shirts, still can't tell, super comfortable and quality is top notch

·
Registered
65 Posts
Do you prefer one over the other strictly based on comfort during carry? ...
I like them both, Garrett is slightly more comfortable but doesn't have options for WMLs, so the 8-miles are around for that.

The Garrett is also adjustable for cant and depth, so that is also a plus.

For a non-WML holster Garrett is my preference and what I recommend for people who aren't sure how they want the holster to sit (cant and depth-wise), because you can adjust it.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Thanks Rhinowso!

I just ordered a Garrett Silent Thunder. They have a 20 percent off sale for Labor Day!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think you'll be very happy. I currently have 4 Silent Thunders and have owned 3 others that went when the firearms left.

I should have mentioned that I prefer the HD STD clip (HD Clip (Heavy Duty) - Garrett Industries, LLC) over the regular clip (Standard Clip - Garrett Industries, LLC) - it's just more durable long term if you take off your holster several times a day.

But don't worry the regular clips lasts awhile - I'd usually break one every 9-12 months and kept spares on hand until they came out with the HD clip a couple of years ago. But I'm hard on gear, I use it and if it breaks it breaks.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Thanks. I have an ST IWB for my HK VP9 with the heavy duty clip but I ordered a regular clip this time to try out as I find the HD clip can be pretty difficult to get over my Beltman leather belt. Looking forward to getting it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
When I purchased my PPS I had a Galco Stow & Go Model STO656, which I purchased for my Ruger LC-9 (with laser). This holster works very well with the PPS and have used it for about 6 months. But the holster was looking tacky as the brown swede leather was turning black at the wear points. So I ordered the Galco Stow & Go Model STO652B which Galco says is made for the PPS (and other pistols) in black swede. I was disappointed with the holster they sent me. The gun does not go down deep enough into the Holster which makes the gun top heavy and canting outward. So I went back to using the old holster.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Great holster recommendation Rhinowso! :D

I just got my Garret Silent Thunder IWB today for my PPS. Tried it out and am wearing it now. Very comfortable with the slim PPS at about 4:00 - standing, walking, sitting, driving, and lounging around. Easy on and off too!

Love the quality of Garrett. Covers trigger guard perfectly and completely.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I ordered a Theis, with the horsehide backer, it came in a few days ago. I'll do a writeup in a few days, after I've had a chance to wear it for a bit.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Followup: I have pretty much settled on the Theis. I ordered the horsehide, and glad I did. As per manufacturer's suggestion, I coated the rivets with nail polish, and covered the back with moleskin. I also put a small square of moleskin on the left side of the grip. (Where the grip can contact bare skin.)
It's not the "perfect holster". For me, I think that's like the holy grail-it may not exist. I cannot use this holster (or any ISWB I have found) in appendix carry. It does fit very, very well over the right hip. So well that I could forget I have it on. Quality seems to be great, and the horsehide is lighter and thinner than cow. Tension was just right.
Bottom line, pretty decent holster.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nice Hubert! Did you get the EZ Clip? I just love mine, and after owning it I really can't see why anyone would carry a gun the size of the PPS in a double clip holster.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Yes, it is the ezclip, and I did cover the entire back of the holster. I don't know how that is going to work out long term, but it's easy enough to remove if there is a problem. I also put a patch of moleskin on the left side of the grip, about 1"x1.5" Right where my left hand does not touch the grip much, and right where the grip tends to sand the skin of my back! Comfortwise, I think the small patch on the grip does far more good than covering the back of the holster.
And by the way, 2 clips on this holster would be very redundant, as the clip holds very well. Plus it's very easy to adjust for any angle of cant.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the horse hide as well, I was talking about the bigger holsters that Theis also sells with 2 clips, holsters lie that and Alien Gear where there are 2 clips and the overall holster is much bigger, just seems like those are more suitable for pistols bigger than the pps

21 - 40 of 123 Posts