Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my unceasing (and expensive!) search for the perfect PPS holster, here is yet another candidate. It actually works pretty well, and is fairly comfortable on bare skin. In case you cant read the vid, it's an Uncle Mike's #16.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Nice find Hubert, looks like a good fit for the PPS. I ended up trying a Cilnger Stingray for my PPS and it is now my favorite...it just disappears at 4:00...carries better than my desantis leather IWB.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I havnt tried but one holster. This is the first one I bought and I like it so its a keeper. I knew the guys work since I bought my cz holsters from him also. What does the pros think.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up trying a Cilnger Stingray for my PPS and it is now my favorite...it just disappears at 4:00...carries better than my desantis leather IWB.
That is a good looking design. Is it kydex or hide? In the website pic it looks kinda like horsehide. I like minimalist holsters.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hubert, the Clinger Stingray is Kydex...coyote color same as what I purchased. Outstanding design with 15 degree FBI cant and the way they mount the clip more towards the rear, pulls the grip of the PPS in tight. No printing with the 7 round mag. Best I have found for the money. On sale now for $29.00
(Plus Clinger is a Walther Forum supporting vendor)

·
Registered
17 Posts
My current preferred carry method is appendix and using this $45 Gunner Custom IWB:

I also like this $25 Sticky MD-4 holster just as much as DeSantis Nemesis and Superfly models for carrying in a coat pocket, and in a pinch, it can work as IWB:

I am breaking in an N82 Professional right now while catching up on some TV on the couch. It is very comfortable and seems well-made:

If I keep it, I will probably replace the metal clip with an UltiClip.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Don't forget to check out the holsters that are made by the supporting vendors of this forum, folks. Without them, and their presence here, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Theis holsters are fantastic. I can't vouch for how they feel on bare skin. I always wear "wife beaters" under everything. Even T-shirts.

·
Super Moderator
3,854 Posts
I always wear "wife beaters" under everything. Even T-shirts.
The thought of you wearing wife beaters under your wife beaters ... makes me laugh, because it's like holding up a mirror in front of a mirror. Where does it end?!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Imma straight second the Theis EZ Clip with kydex full muzzle coverage, and hybrid horse hair backer. It feels like I'm not even wearing it, and I wear tight rock n roll clothing. .never tell .worth every penny, and that quality though..mmm

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got a stealthgear down here in MUGGY Louisiana and it is AMAZING. Conceals awesome, breathes, and I am a small guy and no one has noticed it yet with 7rd mag.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Garrett Industries Silent Thunder IWB or Detroit Holsters 8-mile IWB for me.
I have both those under high consideration. Do you prefer one over the other strictly based on comfort during carry?

I am also considering the JM Custom Kydex IWB 4. I recently got one for my PPQ and really like it but don't really want to wait 2 months to get one for my PPS.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Agent007 I can definitely vouch for Theis holsters being very comfortable right up against the skin. Not an edge poking in anywhere and the horsehide feels natural becomes one with the skin. I have the EZ Clip I just couldn't see having a double clip holster for the PPS, the EZ Clip is the one!

·
Registered
177 Posts
without a doubt and OWB will be more comfortable than an IWB. that said, much depends upon your body shape as to which style would be most comfortable for you.... belt slots, paddles, high ride, low ride, degree of cant....

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
In my unceasing (and expensive!) search for the perfect PPS holster, here is yet another candidate. It actually works pretty well, and is fairly comfortable on bare skin. In case you cant read the vid, it's an Uncle Mike's #16.
I'm using the next smaller size for mine. Fits tight and makes sure it doesn't move about when attached and in the pants.

The only think I don't like about single clip on IWB holsters is that there is rarely ever any cant to the holster. It's always a straight drop and in many cases the grip sticks out and prints practically anywhere you wear it.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts