Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just lucked out and found a local dealer that had both the compact and full size versions of the PDP. I wound up getting the full size. I also purchased a Holosun 509T, and was super excited to get this on the PDP, and out the range. I was already aware that I would have to order the red dot mounting plate, but was willing to wait. I've heard other people complain that other manufacturers supply an assortment of mounting plates that come with their firearms, why doesn't Walther? The big disappointment came when I went onto the website to place my order for my "the first plate is free", only to find out that I'm going to be charged for it, because I guess it's a new red dot model. It's not some offbrand site, why would this not wind up being one if their standard offerings? I mean you buy a pistol for almost $650, you'd think the plate would be thrown in. Rant over.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the C&H "milspec" 509T plate, and it is much nicer than the free RMR plate I got directly from Walther. I'd much rather spend the money to get the better plate (think of it as a box of 9mm ammo, LOL) for the confidence it inspires and for how it allows the 509T to ride lower in the slide vs getting a free RMR plate and using the 509T to RMR adapter that comes in the Holosun box.

That's just me, of course...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DI'd
I have the C&H "milspec" 509T plate, and it is much nicer than the free RMR plate I got directly from Walther. I'd much rather spend the money to get the better plate (think of it as a box of 9mm ammo, LOL) for the confidence it inspires and for how it allows the 509T to ride lower in the slide vs getting a free RMR plate and using the 509T to RMR adapter that comes in the Holosun box.

That's just me, of course...

Did you do this on a PDP? I believe what they told me was that the plate I would receive would be a C&H, and not free.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ibound up also
Yep a PDP compact. I purchased the 509T plate directly from C&H.
I also wound up buying a plate directly from C&H and it was way better. Sits lower so it helps cowitnessing with my suppressor height trijicon sights. I have the 4.5" full size. It's a beast!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts