Walther Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not saying someone wouldn't need the combo, but it seems unlikely with a suppressor with a range trigger, optics cut, magwell meant for speed reloads...only 1 real PDP compensator on the market...

do you catch my drift? What's the point of the PDP Pro vs ANY PDP with a Dynamic trigger.

Isn't the market bigger for factory sold Dynamic trigger on a non threaded barrel? The current Pro configuration is VERY specific. On the other hand, the Canik Rival is doing well and I haven't see much people complain about not having a threaded barrel.

I'm wanting to go with another PDP, but Walther is making it difficult against the Rival. I don't want the threaded barrel, no matter the savings. I wish it wasn't offered on the Pro.

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
It is just another option as far as I'm concerned.

Walther has made decisions in the past that were a whole lot more "strange" than this. I didn't think anything of it until you mentioned it. From what I understand, the magwell is removable, and the threaded barrel doesn't add much as far as length. I'd imagine that you could sell both and get a PDP with that trigger for cheaper than a standard PDP.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Walther isn't the only one doing it. Sig came out with something quite similar with the P320 X-Carry

Threaded barrel + magwell.

IIRC the most of the SIG fans thought it was a pretty peculiar combination as well.... but maybe they sell? I don't know.

I think your characterization of the dynamic trigger as a "range trigger" is fair but I don't think everyone would agree. Enough people have drank the 'well if you keep your finger off the bang button...' kool-aid and honestly believe trigger weight and travel are irrelevant - even in a carry gun (right or wrong).

If nothing else, the threaded barrel makes a good stand off device. (Edit: Don't know what I was thinking. Stand-off needs to affixed to the frame - thanks balance!)

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Recreation

·
Registered
20 Posts
I thought the PDP Pro was the only PDP that came with it's Dynamic Performance Trigger from the factory.
If it is then it seems like a pretty good deal given the price of the trigger and a threaded barrel if you purchased them for a standard PDP.
The Canik is a great pistol for the money but a PDP would be my choice and I am a recent Walther owner. I've shot both with upgraded triggers and the Walther feels better.

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
If nothing else, the threaded barrel makes a good stand off device.
I agree with everything in your post except this.

A standoff device is meant to be used so that you can press the pistol against an object or person, and still be able to fire the pistol without pushing the slide out of battery. The barrel and slide are "locked" together until the barrel cams down when the barrel lug meets the locking block.

Using the barrel as a standoff device would more than likely leave you with a pistol with the slide out of battery, meaning a dead trigger until it returned to battery. Here is a link with a standoff device on a pistol. It connects to the frame.

I've never used one, and I've never seen anyone with one in person, but I'd like to try one out and wish one were available for my pistols. Out of most of the accessories available that can attach to the rail on a carry pistol, this holds to the most appeal to me at the moment.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I thought the PDP Pro was the only PDP that came with it's Dynamic Performance Trigger from the factory.
If it is then it seems like a pretty good deal given the price of the trigger and a threaded barrel if you purchased them for a standard PDP.
The Canik is a great pistol for the money but a PDP would be my choice and I am a recent Walther owner. I've shot both with upgraded triggers and the Walther feels better.
The guy at the gunshop insinuated that's what they are putting on PDP's "now", not just the pro. Whether he actually knows or not I'm not sure but he said it's the first batch they got in that didn't have the PDP Pro designation but had the Q4 trigger. First time I've ever been able to test the pull and reset on the Q4 triggers and holy cow was it smooth as butter.
As for threaded barrels I see the market eventually moving to mostly threaded as a standard and the non-threaded being the odd-ones out, but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The dynamic trigger is only STOCK on the Q5 Meister guns, PDP SD Pro Compact and Full Size, and that is it. They are not factory installed triggers on any other gun in the Walther lineup. I would most definitely not go to your dealer again, or at least provide him with the correct information. All of this information is easily accessible at waltherarms.com/ and then go looking through the firearms section.

·
Administrator
3,394 Posts
The dynamic trigger is only STOCK on the Q5 Meister guns, PDP SD Pro Compact and Full Size, and that is it. They are not factory installed triggers on any other gun in the Walther lineup. I would most definitely not go to your dealer again, or at least provide him with the correct information. All of this information is easily accessible at waltherarms.com/ and then go looking through the firearms section.
Yep. Somebody in mistaken or fibbing in this story.

·
Registered
80 Posts
He's a good kid, his Dad opened the store and he works there. He was probably just a bit confused, but it's an excellent little store and are super fast and friendly, and only $20 for an FFL transfer same day they received it you can pick it up: Cajun Gun And Gear I'll message them tomorrow and let them know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not saying someone wouldn't need the combo, but it seems unlikely with a suppressor with a range trigger, optics cut, magwell meant for speed reloads...only 1 real PDP compensator on the market...

do you catch my drift? What's the point of the PDP Pro vs ANY PDP with a Dynamic trigger.

Isn't the market bigger for factory sold Dynamic trigger on a non threaded barrel? The current Pro configuration is VERY specific. On the other hand, the Canik Rival is doing well and I haven't see much people complain about not having a threaded barrel.

I'm wanting to go with another PDP, but Walther is making it difficult against the Rival. I don't want the threaded barrel, no matter the savings. I wish it wasn't offered on the Pro.
First post (hi, everyone). Came here to sign up since I'm getting the Pro (my first Walther). I'm going to just live with the threaded barrel, because I want everything else about the Pro model, but my preference would have been an unthreaded barrel... but I'll get by. No suppressors allowed in my state (Illinois), but I could use the threads for a brake or a compensator, I guess, if I had a mind to do so... or have it cut off to have a recessed target crown put on the muzzle. I'll just carry it and shoot it and see how it goes. 👍🇺🇸

·
Administrator
3,394 Posts
First post (hi, everyone). Came here to sign up since I'm getting the Pro (my first Walther). I'm going to just live with the threaded barrel, because I want everything else about the Pro model, but my preference would have been an unthreaded barrel... but I'll get by. No suppressors allowed in my state (Illinois), but I could use the threads for a brake or a compensator, I guess, if I had a mind to do so... or have it cut off to have a recessed target crown put on the muzzle. I'll just carry it and shoot it and see how it goes. 👍🇺🇸
Welcome to the forum Hunter308. Let us know how you like your Pro.

Enjoy the forum!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

I don't want the threaded barrel but the factory installed trigger is almost pushing me to the Pro. I can take off the magwell that I don't want, use the three mags and still get flush mags....but I can't do anything about the threaded barrel without spending money.

Ugh.

Welp good luck! Post of a pic when you get it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts