Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’m looking to buy a .45 caliber firearm,I like the PPQ .45,but would be interested in a PDP in .45 cal,any chance of this being produced?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
They just released this new PDP. If they have enough feedback from their market, it could push them. Lets hope and dream until then.

·
Registered
105 Posts
They released a SW99 in 45 and a PPQ in 45 but they were both kind of afterthoughts, IMO.

I suspect that you will indeed see a PDP45 at some point but probably not right away.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
And as Hippo pointed out, the past two were “afterthoughts” coming considerably later than the originals in 9mm. I would be a fan of a Walther in 45 ACP. Dad has the SW99-45 and I am a huge fan. Only gripe, ONLY one... limited capacity in factory mags to 9+1 on board. But.... if someone gets back up after 10 slugs of 45 in them.... then we have other issues...

Moral of the story, I would be a fan.

·
Registered
26 Posts
And to follow Redcat94's comment earlier, if not a steel frame (SF) like the Q5/Q4 at least make it an "alloy"/metal frame (like Sig Sauer's P227 or P220).

I ended up purchasing a new Sig P220 Legion .45acp SAO while waiting for Walther to release a new .45 and I'm still willing to do so, even if it might be polymer framed like the new PDP (can't find a normally priced new PPQ 45 anywhere these days...)

Reactions: TT86

·
Registered
10 Posts
Since Walther is phasing out the PPQ line I would expect to see both a .45 ACP and 40 S&W version of the PDP. :cool:

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
TT86, first off... Thank you for your service. I am NOT a service member.

Number B... Don’t apologize. Or at least allow me to join the club. I have a 40 SW P99, and couldn’t be happier.

·
Registered
10 Posts
TT86, first off... Thank you for your service. I am NOT a service member.

Number B... Don’t apologize. Or at least allow me to join the club. I have a 40 SW P99, and couldn’t be happier.
Thank you for your kind words Sir.

·
Registered
19 Posts
@Ripper AND ALL Responders AND TO WALTHER !!!!

.45 caliber firearm,I like the PPQ .45, but would be interested in a PDP in .45 cal, any chance of this being produced?
HELL YES
I'm on that request as well,!!!! PROBLEM is those rear sights with an Optic Notice the PPQ 45 didnt have an Optics ready model WTF Walther. PDP in 45ACP with Optics PLEASE LIKE NOW !!! Honestly I'm worried that the rear Sight doesn't see over the Optic. ( You tube video reviews.. no one says it but My eyes say what the hell )

I have already replaced the front sight on my damn PPQ Tac and of course they HAVE NO Option for using a real rear sight. I even run a weapon light on my Tac its perfect Except for the caliber. I got it bercause my Springfield Armory XD was the competition 5.25" model in 45ACP just too much to carry. Hand Cannon !! But I want my caliber of preference back !!

I'd hop all over a PDP in 45 ACP !!!!! HELLS YES !! NOW NOW NOW. I personally stippled my PPQ with a soldering Iron because those grips were such a joke. Would you guys want the PDP 45ACP in 4" barrel or 4.5. I don't get the Compact versus 4" crap on the PDP --- the "compact" looks like its the same size as my PPQ Tac and that's perfect for carry I wouldn't call it compact by any means

·
Registered
19 Posts
And as Hippo pointed out,......... But.... if someone gets back up after 10 slugs of 45 in them.... then we have other issues...
Bro I saw some TicTok video recently where some dude jacked on whatever stood through and kept attacking after like four or five 9mm slugs to the chest. and he wasn't a big dude!

Of course he went down eventually but those precious seconds are why I carry !
I want my 45 Back in PDP format with Optic !!!

Lets all contact Walther and scream take our money right now !!!

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
It seems like whenever.these kinds of product questions come up Walther spokesman usually say it is based on demand.

I have no idea how they quantify demand, but letting them know your wishes can't hurt.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bro I saw some TicTok video recently where some dude jacked on whatever stood through and kept attacking after like four or five 9mm slugs to the chest. and he wasn't a big dude!

Of course he went down eventually but those precious seconds are why I carry !
I want my 45 Back in PDP format with Optic !!!

Lets all contact Walther and scream take our money right now !!!
One round in the nose would have stopped him.

·
Registered
22 Posts
And to follow Redcat94's comment earlier, if not a steel frame (SF) like the Q5/Q4 at least make it an "alloy"/metal frame (like Sig Sauer's P227 or P220).

I ended up purchasing a new Sig P220 Legion .45acp SAO while waiting for Walther to release a new .45 and I'm still willing to do so, even if it might be polymer framed like the new PDP (can't find a normally priced new PPQ 45 anywhere these days...)
If you are really interested, I own a pristine, really nearly new 12 round PPQ 45 ACP M2, very few rounds shot (estimated: and meticulously kept, with Trijicon Bright &Tough H3 orange night sights and 5 extra original Walther brand magazines, with original case. Depending on what I could get for it, I might be willing to sell it to someone who would enjoy it. It's truly a great pistol with what I think of as the best grip of any gun I've ever held - it's perfect - and the trigger is as good as the 9mm PPQ - excellent. I really want to keep this bad boy, but I need a lot of new toys for my work right now that are devastatingly expensive, so this great gun might have to go. I'm only a pistol enthusiast with just a few guns that I really like.,not a dealer.Reply here if you are interested, and, if so, I'll try to figure out how to make a transaction, as long as it could be done totally legally.

·
Registered
22 Posts
In my previous post, that should have read "...(estimated: about 250 rounds total) and meticulously kept....." Sorry, I got distracted.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you are really interested, I own a pristine, really nearly new 12 round PPQ 45 ACP M2, very few rounds shot (estimated: and meticulously kept, with Trijicon Bright &Tough H3 orange night sights and 5 extra original Walther brand magazines, with original case. Depending on what I could get for it, I might be willing to sell it to someone who would enjoy it. It's truly a great pistol with what I think of as the best grip of any gun I've ever held - it's perfect - and the trigger is as good as the 9mm PPQ - excellent. I really want to keep this bad boy, but I need a lot of new toys for my work right now that are devastatingly expensive, so this great gun might have to go. I'm only a pistol enthusiast with just a few guns that I really like.,not a dealer.Reply here if you are interested, and, if so, I'll try to figure out how to make a transaction, as long as it could be done totally legally.
Prices are Krazy these days I let one of these slip by NIB from my local brick and mortar because I was so concerned about my M2 Q4 Tac. ( REGRETS) it was like $545 in their display case what you looking for bro ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Prices are Krazy these days I let one of these slip by NIB from my local brick and mortar because I was so concerned about my M2 Q4 Tac. ( REGRETS) it was like $545 in their display case what you looking for bro ?
I just did some research about the private sale of handguns in the state where I live. It looks like the Federal law is that if I'm not a licensed dealer, I can't sell anywhere but in the state I live. So, first thing, do you live in Michigan? If not, I can't sell to you no matter what. Crazy, I know, but I will only do this "by the book." Please let me know here, either way. Thanks, and if I got your hopes up and can't sell to you, I'm sorry about that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Greatly appreciate the info & offer. I'm going to hold off on the (great) PPQ45 until we can figure out about a new PDP in .45 possibility. Hopefully, someone at Walther will realize that we need some new "230gr love"...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts