Walther Forums banner
101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went looking for a OWB holster for the PDP Compact that would fit close to the hip and use clips instead of loops. Wound up ordering the “Type 1 Version 3” OWB holster from Red River Tactical and it arrived this week. Fit, finish, and construction are excellent. Intended for OWB carry with speed clips, it also fits well IWB. Cant is a little extreme, but it pulls the magwell up close to the body.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm still waiting for Safariland to release a 6360RDS or 6360 holster for the PDP. I've emailed them a few times asking about a 'release date' and the last communication indicated the PDP holsters should be hitting the market around the end of June....OOS, they missed that.

Based on my messing around with numerous Safariland holsters, I have a hunch what they might be struggling with....I sent em' an email describing the problem I'd had with the ALS locking mechanism and my PPQ's, as well as the fix (including pictures). The problem only exist when there's slide serrations on the front of the slide....and the PDP has SUPER serrations....OOPS.

I'm, still excited about the release of a 6360 series PDP holster, as I've already got my 4" PDP outfitted with a set of Speed Sights and a Shield RMS....its AWESOME and I want to carry it. If I have to modify a standard 6360 to work with the RMS, so be it.....already been down that road with the PPQ. Link to PPQ holsters....I'll do the same thing to the PDP holsters, if necessary.... PPQ Holsters? However, I'd rather just get lucky and the PDP holsters will work perfectly right out of the box. We'll see........

IMO, this sight picture is awesome.
View attachment 99553
I have a 6390RDS-7502 for the p320, and my 4.5" PDP fit like it was made for the PDP.

·
Super Moderator
14,893 Posts
I have a 6390RDS-7502 for the p320, and my 4.5" PDP fit like it was made for the PDP.
I looked up the holster 6390RDS-7502-411 and its for a 3.9" barrel...or maybe I didn't check all the correct boxes on the Safariland site. But you're saying your 4.5" PDP fits this holster....without ANY modification? If so, I'm intrigued.

Then there's the 6390RDS-4502-411 for the 4.7".

Font Parallel Rectangle Screenshot Paper product

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looking for recommendations and pictures of a leather IWB or OWB holster that fit the 4" with an optic. Will be using it for CCW. I have a Winthrop IWB with snaps for my G30 that I really like but it looks the company went out of business so that isn't happing. Would get the DeSantis OWB but the 3/4 belt loop holes are a no go.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Does anyone know of a kydex holster that is a light bearing OWB for an Olight? I like Olight, many of the light bearing holsters I have seen are for Surefire or something else other than Olight.

This is for a full size PDP 5" with a set of suppressor height sights. I am struggling to find something for the 5" alone without a light.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does anyone know of a kydex holster that is a light bearing OWB for an Olight? I like Olight, many of the light bearing holsters I have seen are for Surefire or something else other than Olight.

This is for a full size PDP 5" with a set of suppressor height sights. I am struggling to find something for the 5" alone without a light.
Again, please see MIE Productions as they especially work with OLIGHT IWB setups.

·
Registered
Walther PPK, P38, P99, TPH, CCP, PPQ, Q5 Match & PDP Compact 5"
19 Posts
I just added a OLIGHT Baltor Mini to my CCP for an upcoming low-light class. It sure would be nice if MIE Productions were to add the CCP to their options!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Again, please see MIE Productions as they especially work with OLIGHT IWB setups.
I did look at their site. Walther, as an option for a light bearing OWB holster, is not mentioned as an option of production. I looked strictly at OWB and their combination light offering. If they do offer it, they need to upgrade their website to indicate it is an option. Glock, Springfield, Sig Sauer, S&W are all offered/mentioned.

·
Registered
66 Posts
C&G Holsters have a healthy offering of OWB PDP holsters, also have light bearing models. However, Streamlight, Surefire and Crimson Trace are the current lights they support in holster manufacture. They did say that nothing would be changing until after Shot Show in February. They did say that interest in holsters for Olight is picking up, so they may offer in the future.

Legacy Firearms does OWB holsters with Olight in a variety of models. They are expensive. $140+ range for a Kydex holster. Ouch. I did buy one last year for my CZ p10c, OWB, Olight mini pl, Vortex Venom.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did look at their site. Walther, as an option for a light bearing OWB holster, is not mentioned as an option of production. I looked strictly at OWB and their combination light offering. If they do offer it, they need to upgrade their website to indicate it is an option. Glock, Springfield, Sig Sauer, S&W are all offered/mentioned.
That's fair. but I also had to make custom notes in ordering. I would look into emailing them directly to see if there is an option available. As a website owner myself, it's hard to constantly.keep current if I don't always have dedicated staff devoted to the website.

·
Registered
66 Posts
That's fair. but I also had to make custom notes in ordering. I would look into emailing them directly to see if there is an option available. As a website owner myself, it's hard to constantly.keep current if I don't always have dedicated staff devoted to the website.
Unfortunately, Olight just came out with a new pistol light and the sale was this past weekend. The light I bought is a Baldr Pro so I still may be a long time waiting to find a holster to match my combo. The deal on the light was 45% off, it is a light, green laser, 1350 lumen, rechargeable. I have a nephew that is up on all the stats and measurements on lights, he seems to think it is the same size as either Streamlight or Surefire

101 - 118 of 118 Posts