Walther Forums banner
81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Currently I got the C&G IWB holster for the 5" Compact. I don't have a light attached to it, but was thinking about it.

New to the light game for a pistol, so I don't have one. Wanted to check out holsters first, and see what is out there, and would work, then possibly purchase a light based upon that. I did see a few sites that show holsters with lights, but they don't specify that it's made for the 5" Compact. Anyone have any insights on this? Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Currently I got the C&G IWB holster for the 5" Compact. I don't have a light attached to it, but was thinking about it.

New to the light game for a pistol, so I don't have one. Wanted to check out holsters first, and see what is out there, and would work, then possibly purchase a light based upon that. I did see a few sites that show holsters with lights, but they don't specify that it's made for the 5" Compact. Anyone have any insights on this? Thanks!
Holsters pretty much always are designed around the slide, trigger guard, and/or light. A 5" full size holster should fit your 5" compact just fine. If unsure you can contact the company, but I don't believe there's any difference in the slide or trigger guard between full and compact - unless anyone here knows otherwise.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Holsters pretty much always are designed around the slide, trigger guard, and/or light. A 5" full size holster should fit your 5" compact just fine. If unsure you can contact the company, but I don't believe there's any difference in the slide or trigger guard between full and compact - unless anyone here knows otherwise.
I think the difference between the Compact and Full Size comes down to the height from the bottom of the grip to the top of the frame. My issue is that most sites are just stating they will fit "PDP" or specify 4"/4.5". I've only see a few that state they would fit the 5", but they don't have an option for a light attachment.

·
Super Moderator
14,893 Posts
From the mag release button, or from the bottom of the trigger guard and UP, the frames are the same, except for length 4", 4.5" or 5". The grip being a compact or full size makes no difference on holster compatibility. Also, if the holster has an open front and not formed or wrapped around the front of the slide/muzzle, you can put a 4.5" or 5" in a holster made for a 4"....the muzzle of the gun would just stick out the front of the holster a little bit.

As for lights, I do know that DARA offers PDP holsters with or without lights. Light bearing OWB Paddle Holster I'm sure there are other holsters makes offering holster/light combos.

Here's some of their work. PPQ on top, PDP on the bottom......these are 'Duty' holsters. They make many more.

·
Registered
25 Posts
From the mag release button, or from the bottom of the trigger guard and UP, the frames are the same, except for length 4", 4.5" or 5". The grip being a compact or full size makes no difference on holster compatibility. Also, if the holster has an open front and not formed or wrapped around the front of the slide/muzzle, you can put a 4.5" or 5" in a holster made for a 4"....the muzzle of the gun would just stick out the front of the holster a little bit.

As for lights, I do know that DARA offers PDP holsters with or without lights. Light bearing OWB Paddle Holster I'm sure there are other holsters makes offering holster/light combos.

Here's some of their work. PPQ on top, PDP on the bottom......these are 'Duty' holsters. They make many more.

View attachment 99266

I see they offer PDP 4" & 4.5". I'd need the 5" though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Vedder LightDraw - Received this week. Took advantage of their 20% off July 4th sale (still on with code 1776). Tan front. Flat Dark Earth back. Premium pancake clips. Red dot cut. For anything Glock 19 or larger, I personally prefer a holster with 2 points of contact to spread the weight across more of my belt. (I have several Vedders and loosely try to color code them to the specific firearm.....i.e. For my PPS M2 I have a lighttuck and lightdraw in blue....Vedders for my Glock 19 - various shades of gray....etc.)

·
Registered
Walther PPK, P38, P99, TPH, CCP, PPQ, Q5 Match & PDP Compact 5"
19 Posts
Upper Hand Holsters just built this one for my 5" PDP Compact. I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

Reactions: MarkStolz

·
Super Moderator
14,893 Posts
I'm still waiting for Safariland to release a 6360RDS or 6360 holster for the PDP. I've emailed them a few times asking about a 'release date' and the last communication indicated the PDP holsters should be hitting the market around the end of June....OOS, they missed that.

Based on my messing around with numerous Safariland holsters, I have a hunch what they might be struggling with....I sent em' an email describing the problem I'd had with the ALS locking mechanism and my PPQ's, as well as the fix (including pictures). The problem only exist when there's slide serrations on the front of the slide....and the PDP has SUPER serrations....OOPS.

I'm, still excited about the release of a 6360 series PDP holster, as I've already got my 4" PDP outfitted with a set of Speed Sights and a Shield RMS....its AWESOME and I want to carry it. If I have to modify a standard 6360 to work with the RMS, so be it.....already been down that road with the PPQ. Link to PPQ holsters....I'll do the same thing to the PDP holsters, if necessary.... PPQ Holsters? However, I'd rather just get lucky and the PDP holsters will work perfectly right out of the box. We'll see........

IMO, this sight picture is awesome.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm still waiting for Safariland to release a 6360RDS or 6360 holster for the PDP. I've emailed them a few times asking about a 'release date' and the last communication indicated the PDP holsters should be hitting the market around the end of June....OOS, they missed that.

Based on my messing around with numerous Safariland holsters, I have a hunch what they might be struggling with....I sent em' an email describing the problem I'd had with the ALS locking mechanism and my PPQ's, as well as the fix (including pictures). The problem only exist when there's slide serrations on the front of the slide....and the PDP has SUPER serrations....OOPS.

I'm, still excited about the release of a 6360 series PDP holster, as I've already got my 4" PDP outfitted with a set of Speed Sights and a Shield RMS....its AWESOME and I want to carry it. If I have to modify a standard 6360 to work with the RMS, so be it.....already been down that road with the PPQ. Link to PPQ holsters....I'll do the same thing to the PDP holsters, if necessary.... PPQ Holsters? However, I'd rather just get lucky and the PDP holsters will work perfectly right out of the box. We'll see........

IMO, this sight picture is awesome.
View attachment 99553
That's pretty. What irons are those? Was recently looking at some to co-witness with my 507C.

·
Super Moderator
14,893 Posts
Those are Speed Sights (speedsights.com). I'm also using a Shield RMS and a Shield 'low mount' plate. This is the exact combo in the picture above. I'm pretty sure most other 'red dots', especially when paired with a factory or aftermarket plate will be too tall and not allow for 'co-witnessing'. As far as I know the Shield 'low mount' plate offers the lowest mounting height currently available.

·
Super Moderator
14,893 Posts
Thanks Tim, he does excellent work, but I'll wait, as I like messing around with stuff.....I wind up with lots of stuff in the scrap pile, but every now and then I hit a home run....and it keeps me busy and off the streets.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I see they offer PDP 4" & 4.5". I'd need the 5" though.
Don’t know if you solved your holster needs, but it looks like C&G holsters is the only game in town for quick ship PDP 5” iwb holsters. I ordered this one and it should arrive in the next few days. Walther PDP 5
I got the alpha upgrade which I think is worth it for any extra $20. The standard runs $60. Code KEEPYOURGUNS saves 10%

·
Registered
8 Posts
The C&G was interesting for my 4", but some of the reviews pointed out a rather uncomfortable "lip" of sorts at the bottom rear that seems to be intended to act like a wedge.

However I finally found a holster that should suit my needs: The Valknut Inside-the-Waistband Holster

✔ Dual Discreet Carry clips
✔ X300 light support
✔ Reasonable price & delivery time (~30 days)

If I decide to keep the PDP after the 30 day trial period, that will be on order!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a heck of a time finding a holster for the 5", but this was a couple months ago and I'm sure more is available. The OWB is from Upper hand Holsters and the IWB is from Renaissance Firearms.

81 - 100 of 118 Posts