Walther Forums banner
61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
May I present the Vedder Lightuck Holster for the PDP. This is my 4" PDP-C. Absolutely superb. View attachment 98558

View attachment 98559

View attachment 98560
Nice, have ine on the way
Thanks for letting me know about blackpoint I just looked at their site. Main feature I found that actually makes a difference with Blackarch is the "3/4 kydex shell". I had tried a few other hybrid holsters and found the retention to either be too much or too little and carrying a full kydex shell like concealment express at 4:00 wasnt very comfortable sitting down. Initially I thought the 3/4 kydex thing was just marketing but its' the only thing I've found with alot of retention that doesnt dig into you when sitting. Also blackarch and blackpoint are basically the same price but side-side the aesthetic of blackarch i pretty compelling. It would be nice to repeal the law requiring holster companies to use the word "black" in their name. Quick count I found Black -point, -arch, -hawk, -op, -tactical, -ninja, -kangaroo, -berry etc
I'm really hoping Vedder holsters makes an IWB light tuck for the PDP compact soon.
They do. Mine will be here Monday.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for letting me know about blackpoint I just looked at their site. Main feature I found that actually makes a difference with Blackarch is the "3/4 kydex shell". I had tried a few other hybrid holsters and found the retention to either be too much or too little and carrying a full kydex shell like concealment express at 4:00 wasnt very comfortable sitting down. Initially I thought the 3/4 kydex thing was just marketing but its' the only thing I've found with alot of retention that doesnt dig into you when sitting. Also blackarch and blackpoint are basically the same price but side-side the aesthetic of blackarch i pretty compelling. It would be nice to repeal the law requiring holster companies to use the word "black" in their name. Quick count I found Black -point, -arch, -hawk, -op, -tactical, -ninja, -kangaroo, -berry etc
I did email them. Didn't sound like they are in any hurry. Too bad, nice looking rig.

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I ordered The Defender from LAG Tactical. Have no experience with them so will have to see.
I received the LAG Defender model. As a new gun owner, with limited handgun training/shooting experience, I wanted to focus first on drawing from an OWB holster and getting used to drawing from that position. As you know, the Defender can be converted to an IWB, which lets me "graduate" to that after I become somewhat better at drawing.

I wanted a holster from the handful of companies that - so far - have worked with Walther to specifically support the new PDP, rather than a general purpose holster. The design, size and fit of the LAG Defender seems to lend itself to OWB concealed carry, obviously with the appropriate clothing. But right now, I'm not carrying.

I was actually leaning at first toward a leather model from another vendor but they never replied to a couple of emails asking for some information/clarification.

The quality seems good; it seems to tuck in close (and tuck the gun in close) to my body in the 3 o'clock position. Retention seems quite strong: I like the clear "click" on re-holstering.

I ordered it with a slight cant (10% I think) but in practicing (I'm 70 with some arthritis and shoulder range-of-motion issues), I realized the tilt was forcing me into a more complex set of hand/wrist/arm/shoulder adjustments. So I changed it to vertical/straight. That seems to make it a simpler, more intuitive grip and drawstroke for me.

My one complaint: the holster and companion double magazine carriers came with NO instructions or guidance whatever for positioning the holster or for making any adjustments to cant, retention, etc. For experienced shooters, probably with a boxful of holsters, this is likely a no-brainer. But for me, it's one more thing to figure out. I emailed LAG; they sent a link to a video which was of minimal help: it was not very well though-out for inexperienced shooters like me.

regards,
John

·
Super Moderator
14,893 Posts
John, the carry position, cant and ride height are usually a very personal thing. One size, so to speak doesn't necessarily fit all. I'd recommend playing with some different ride heights and belt locations, and cant if you are able to do that. I've drilled additional holes in kydex holsters and belt loop hangers to modify the cant or ride height. Basically, you just need to experiment a little and find what works best for you.

I've decided on a belt location of about 2:30...just in front of the hip bone. I use Safariland holsters and the belt hanger fits between the first and second belt loops on my pants.....its a no brainer. However, I did play around a lot with how the belt hanger attached to the holster.....I drilled oodles of holes in multiple belt hangers until I was satisfied with the ride height and cant. I settled on pretty much a zero cant for the same reasons you mentioned previously.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I received my Cascadia Concealment OWB today. I had it made to accept Safariland attachments. Once I have it all put together I’ll throw up some pictures with a review. I tried the weapon in real fast (we are having flooring installed this week so the house is in shambles). It was a very tight fit. Might need a little adjustment and some draws at home before putting it in use.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I ordered the Tenicor Certum and got it in two days. Nicely made, but the metal clips are painfully tight to get on my belt.

The holster holds the compact perfectly.
Same here on the Tenicor clips. I've gone & ordered a similar style, polymer clip from a holster hardware outlet to see if I can fix that. With my arthritis,.. even using just a single clip makes that holster hard to Insert and remove.

Also, I ordered and Im returning the Comp-Tac Infidel Max I purcheased. The hybrid leather sweat guard folded over so far due to my TB,.. (Two Bellies! Im a fat slob!) I couldn't reholster without pointing the muzzle straight at my hip. Not to mention it was so tight going in that it was pulling the slide out of battery.

So,.. a skinny buck might get away with using that holster, but it didn't work at all for me. I also didn't care for the open sided trigger guard. I could get my thumb behind it and pull the trigger.
WHICH IS A SHAME,.. because that leather backed Infidel hybrid was COMFORTABLE AF and that clip was easy on,.. secure while on, and easy offf. Just couldn't reholster the weapon after drawing. 🤷‍♂️

Just my newb shooter impressions of those to holsters.

Btw.... Vedder does have a PDP model available now. Just ordered one yesterday along with a C&G Covert Kydex Quick Ship.

These are all returnable, so Im gonna get a holster that works for me on this PDP if it costs me $100 in return shipping. Lol.
(...frustrating AF.)

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Same here on the Tenicor clips. I've gone & ordered a similar style, polymer clip from a holster hardware outlet to see if I can fix that. With my arthritis,.. even using just a single clip makes that holster hard to Insert and remove.

Also, I ordered and Im returning the Comp-Tac Infidel Max I purcheased. The hybrid leather sweat guard folded over so far due to my TB,.. (Two Bellies! Im a fat slob!) I couldn't reholster without pointing the muzzle straight at my hip. Not to mention it was so tight going in that it was pulling the slide out of battery.

So,.. a skinny buck might get away with using that holster, but it didn't work at all for me. I also didn't care for the open sided trigger guard. I could get my thumb behind it and pull the trigger.
WHICH IS A SHAME,.. because that leather backed Infidel hybrid was COMFORTABLE AF and that clip was easy on,.. secure while on, and easy offf. Just couldn't reholster the weapon after drawing. 🤷‍♂️

Btw.... Vedder does have a PDP model available now. Just ordered one yesterday along with a C&G Covert Kydex Quick Ship.

These are all returnable, so Im gonna get a holster that works for me on this PDP if it costs me $100 in return shipping. Lol.
(...frustrating AF.)
I got the Vedder and it is superb. This is my second Vedder Light Tuck. I have one for my Sig P365XL also. They are fabulous holsters. Very pleased.

·
Registered
13 Posts

(...frustrating AF.)
I think you'll like the Vedder. It is easy to get on and and is very minimal. I carry at 3&4 position. I find the gun itself difficult to conceal without some printing.

·
Registered
121 Posts
For competition it’s tough to beat a Red Hill Tactical. Its either double or single layer and any color under the sun.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wanted to give a quick update on my holsters. I have a Cascadia Concealment OWB holster and now a Tennicor Centrum AIWB holster.

The Cascadia Concealment is excellent. The craftsmanship and fit are superb. I’m running the PDP FS 4” with a Holosun 508T and Streamlight TLR-7A. This is my EDC holster for work. Very comfortable to wear all day and even though it’s an OWB holster it’s still not horrible to conceal.

The Tennicor is also a great holster. My only complaints are it is not offered with a light so to switch I have to remove the light from the gun which I’m not happy about. The second complaint is the level of difficulty getting the clips secured on the belt. It was definitely a PITA at first. I will say though once it’s on it is not coming off. I have another AIWB holster that I can’t squat down because the large single clip comes off my belt and with fall out of my pants.

As far as belts I only use Hanks Extreme belts for both work and off. The belts are excellent and anyone who carries a firearm should give these a look.

·
Registered
39 Posts
(I do not plan on carrying my PDP concealed or open for EDC.) My 1st holster for the PDP - Comp-Tac International with Safariland single strap leg shroud - QLS fork(19)/plate(22) system. Per Comp-Tac directions used their hardware to attach holster to QLS 19 fork. Went with this set up for advanced 2-gun classes. Wanted to drop it a little off the waist (hip) to clear vest, but not so low its flapping on my outer thigh. Went together very smoothly. Comp-Tac holster received faster than their quoted production time on order - received 3 days earlier than their quoted ship date.
(Flash makes the color difference look more contrasted than it looks to my eyes.)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I see what you guys are talking about with the Tennicor clips. I received a Centrum 3 the other day. The clips are a PITA to get on but once they’re on they are not coming off. My single biggest complaint is that Tennicor doesn’t offer a holster with the PDP and a light. I will probably be selling this holster off to get another AIWB holster that will accommodate my TLR-7

·
Registered
8 Posts
The Discreet Carry clips are a pain to take off at first. I don't know of they loosen up or you just get better at taking them off, but it does get easier. I've been using Tenicor holsters for a couple years now.

They are great, especially their OWB ones, but the AIWB ones could use slightly longer clips to better fit my fat fingers between the grip and my carry belt.

Thanks to the people who posted the couple vendors that have PDP X300 holsters. I hadn't found any yet and these look solid.

61 - 80 of 118 Posts