Walther Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I just got a Dara MTO Minimalist AIWB holster. It is well built but even with the trigger guard retention adjusted securely for firm retention and smooth draw, the pistol rattles inside the holster shell. I have holsters for other pistols that don't do that. My Vedder IWB holsters don't do that at all with my HK VP9SK or Sig P365XL. Maybe its not a big deal, but I'm on the fence. I also don't have a high degree of confidence in the poly belt clip. Maybe its fine. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Looking for PDP holster reviews from anyone buying from the Walther list. I am thinking about the Pierce from Texas Holster Solutions or maybe trying the Dara Minimalist.
I use the Comp-TAC MTAC (IWB) and it's performing well

·
Registered
11 Posts

I bought one of these. I heated the holster where the taco folds and placed a dowel there the catch it. Now, I have retention.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Hmm, doesn't look like any 5" full size options yet?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I modified mine by pressing it down against the ground using the dowel as a filler in the gap; the holster, making the hole larger. Now it works perfectly. I thought I wrote that well, however ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is my g43x in a blackarch holster, it's the most comfortable holster I've ever had - I've actually started to forget I'm wearing it when I get home. Unfortunately now I'm spoiled, I emailed blackarch and they're waiting on a PDP or model from Walther to begin making their holster. Can I encourage everyone interested to email walther and blackarch expressing their interest. I've tried holsters from two of the companies that make pdp holsters (with a different gun) and they don't compare to this one.

Blackarch Website

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is my g43x in a blackarch holster, it's the most comfortable holster I've ever had - I've actually started to forget I'm wearing it when I get home. Unfortunately now I'm spoiled, I emailed blackarch and they're waiting on a PDP or model from Walther to begin making their holster. Can I encourage everyone interested to email walther and blackarch expressing their interest. I've tried holsters from two of the companies that make pdp holsters (with a different gun) and they don't compare to this one.

Blackarch Website

View attachment 98540
Looks very similar to black point's mini wing, and they make them for the PDP, but have a 13 week lead time I believe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks very similar to black point's mini wing, and they make them for the PDP, but have a 13 week lead time I believe.
Thanks for letting me know about blackpoint I just looked at their site. Main feature I found that actually makes a difference with Blackarch is the "3/4 kydex shell". I had tried a few other hybrid holsters and found the retention to either be too much or too little and carrying a full kydex shell like concealment express at 4:00 wasnt very comfortable sitting down. Initially I thought the 3/4 kydex thing was just marketing but its' the only thing I've found with alot of retention that doesnt dig into you when sitting. Also blackarch and blackpoint are basically the same price but side-side the aesthetic of blackarch i pretty compelling. It would be nice to repeal the law requiring holster companies to use the word "black" in their name. Quick count I found Black -point, -arch, -hawk, -op, -tactical, -ninja, -kangaroo, -berry etc

·
Premium Member
77 Posts

Blackarch Website
View attachment 98540
That looks incredible!! I wonder how it would work with a larger compact like the PDP-C 4"?

41 - 53 of 53 Posts