Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I have a Dark Star Gear PDP Orion on order.

Tenicor, Dara and some others are making Holsters for the PDP.

Reactions: TT86

·
Registered
14 Posts
I looked on the Walther sight and the only holster, I think, that takes the Streamlight TRL-7 is the T-Rex OWB. Just wondering if I really want to keep the TRL-7 and go IWB, will a holster that is meant for TRL-1 work?

Or how many of you don't bother with a light for IWB?

·
Super Moderator
14,897 Posts
I used to carry IWB and made my own holsters, but since Texas passed the open carry law, I switched. There's many more holster options available if you go OWB. I primarily use Safariland holsters for my PPQ's with and without a light. I use 6360 series with lights and 7378 series without lights....and of course, I modify the hangers on every one....make em' hang jusssssst right. These holsters offer various levels of retention...I usually only use the ALS locking system....makes for excellent retention and instant and smooth release. Safariland will be releasing a holster for the PDP in the coming months.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Or how many of you don't bother with a light for IWB?
I don't use a weapon-mounted light although I know they're popular with some folks. I am interested in seeing how quickly good AIWB holsters become available for the PDP. It took me a while to find one I liked for my current carry weapon, the VP9, so I'm expecting it may be a while before there's one for the PDP. Which is perhaps good; gives time for PDP prices to settle down a bit. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for making that call for the rest of us. I think they have a form on their website where you can request them to make holsters for a specific gun. We should hit it with PDP requests.
Not sure why Vedder is late to the game. I appreciate that they don't just heat kydex over a blue gun and call it done. I'm picky... You have to CNC a mold with no serrations, smooth vertical lines and it has to be slightly larger than the gun itself or no deal. C&G with a high sweat guard and wing will be my go to if Vedder takes too long. And yes I sent Vedder 2 requests. Lol

·
Super Moderator
14,897 Posts
I'm thinkin' there's a high likelihood that a PPQ will fit a PDP holster (it depends on the brand of holster too), but I don't see a PDP fitting a PPQ holster. Somewhere, I saw a picture of a Safariland 'rds' holster for the PDP. The rds is designed to be used with an optic, providing protection for the optic as well as incorporating a rotating hood device that covers the rear of the optic, keeping doughnut and cookie crumbs from collecting on the back side of your optic.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Got this one a few days ago. It took two weeks to have made but it was well worth it for me. The holster can be set up for IWB or OWB. Both options conceal well especially the IWB which is to be expected. Going to use it OWB because it feels more comfortable when seated.

·
Registered
34 Posts
have the Tenicor Certum 3. Fits great and very minimal in size. One thing to note is the retention feels like it is on the slide and will put some wear on your finish. That definitely doesn't bother me.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts