Walther Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
God dammit!!!! First I buy a Hellcat and it is defective right out of the box,.. Had to send it to Springfield for failures to feed & fire, now my Freakin Walther might need to go in for warranty??? WTELF???

I just noticed this issue with my brand new 4" pdp. It rattles & I can push the muzzle around about 1mm L or R.

There's NO FREAKIN' way anybody's going to convince me that's normal or "How the guns supposed to work!!"

Depending on my grip, my thumb is pushing the front of the slide and it's sights a mm or so deflected to the R!

Just how freaking accurate is ANY pistol with A mm or two of front site deflection? At 10, 15, 25m how far off would you expect a shot to land if the sites are moving around.

I was having a crapload of trouble trying to zero my Holosun 809t. Kept getting really wild shots @ 10 & 15 yds while seated, braced and shooting off sandbags! (...Im new to this and admittedly a shitty shot, but I ain't THAT shitty!)

This really pisses me off. My Glock 19 is the only pistol I have that's been 100% for me from day one. Shitty OEM sights & all!

-EDIT-
OK,.. Apologies for being ignorant as a newb. Wrote this on the phone while @ work. Ive since gone home & checked my PDP. the slide does move/deflect at least a mm ea way, but I didn't realize that with the barrel locked in the slide, it is still pointing, deflecting, moving, with the sights, so it probably isn't causing the flyers in the way I assumed it was. I still have to wonder tho, if the barrel is moving, deflecting R or L after firing and might be the cause of some inaccuracy?

·
Registered
PDP
31 Posts
My 4" is the same way. There's other videos and comments around that 4" guns from all serial numbers even latest ones are "affected"

My gun is accurate, sights are dead center and it will put holes in a gummy bear sized area all day. The gun stays clean when its fired so the stepped chamber stuff is legit.

I noticed the longer guns have a bushing that might stop them from rattling.

Slide rails on these modern guns have nothing to do with accuracy they just guide the slide when it's in action and have nothing to do with much of anything.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 4" is the same way. There's other videos and comments around that 4" guns from all serial numbers even latest ones are "affected"

My gun is accurate, sights are dead center and it will put holes in a gummy bear sized area all day. The gun stays clean when its fired so the stepped chamber stuff is legit.

I noticed the longer guns have a bushing that might stop them from rattling.

Slide rails on these modern guns have nothing to do with accuracy they just guide the slide when it's in action and have nothing to do with much of anything.
My PDP 4" Compact! I Hit the range yesterday. This was my first 5 checking the zero on my new Holosun 809t from my last range visit. Shot @ 10 yd, seated, braced on sandbags.

Group is a tad high, but all in all, I was pretty happy with it.

These two were @ 25 yd. Same shooting position. Not sure why it's so much worse. 🤷‍♂️

(...I believe I mentioned earlier, I'm a Shit Shot!) 😉😂🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
PDP
31 Posts
Watch some larry vickers and ken hackathorn videos. Wedge grip hold etc. Groups will close in tight

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys,

New to the forum and I've seen a few post regarding the PDP frame/slide wiggle which I'm experiencing with my new out of the box PDP. I've posted a link to the video let me know what your thoughts are about this and if you find this normal.

PDP Frame/Slide Wiggle
I bought a new PDP, and it does NOT rattle or wiggle at all. I get some noise out of the magazine, but not in the slide. Mine is solid. I would definitely take it to a reliable gunsmith

21 - 28 of 28 Posts