Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

New to the forum and I've seen a few post regarding the PDP frame/slide wiggle which I'm experiencing with my new out of the box PDP. I've posted a link to the video let me know what your thoughts are about this and if you find this normal.

PDP Frame/Slide Wiggle

·
Registered
PDP
35 Posts
That's exactly normal. If the steel frame was tight to plastic it would mar and gall the plastic frame.

·
Super Moderator
14,419 Posts
NO, that sounds/looks too loose. Remove your slide and measure the distance between the front rails and then the rear rails. We had a guy on here recently with loose/rattling slide. Come to find out, one of the front rail inserts was inserted too deep into the frame.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NO, that sounds/looks too loose. Remove your slide and measure the distance between the front rails and then the rear rails. We had a guy on here recently with loose/rattling slide. Come to find out, one of the front rail inserts was inserted too deep into the frame.
Thank you for your input I'll keep you posted once I measure them. I already sent this video to Walther haven't heard back just yet. I know some people were experiencing this but it does seem a bit excessive for what Zon stated above as I have other guns that are steel with plastic as well that hardly have play in them.

·
Super Moderator
14,419 Posts
The top round in the magazine is pressed UP against that rail. Every time you fire a round and slide cycles, rearward rubbing that rail across the top of the round in the magazine. Its normal to get brass buildup there, as well as on the outside of the slide on the back side of the ejection port as brass it kicked out.

Your slide seemed to have a little more slop than it should....it really needs almost none.....just enough to move freely back and forth.

My PPQ's vary from almost none to a little.

I have two PDP's, 4" and 5". The 4" is nice and tight, the 5" has a little slop, but not excessive.

·
Registered
PDP
35 Posts
Every single pdp I have seen was loose like that. I dont know about the fouling but the Mark's from the copper and brass are normal. New guns that are test fired have that.

·
Super Moderator
14,419 Posts
Here's a link to a recent thread that may shed some light on this subject. Walther P99as build quality
He does post a picture of the P99 slide in post 12, showing the front/left rail being inserted too deep into the frame.

Here's the picture and I circled the sunken rail. The left one should be sticking out like the right one (green arrow).

Could your PDP be suffering from the same thing? I don't know......pull your slide off and take a look....or measure.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you consider where the steel frame rail inserts are positioned in the pistol's polymer frame, how far the slide extends forward beyond these steel inserts when in battery, and lastly the tolerances that need to exist to allow the frame and slide to interact with one another without binding, the extent of movement between the slide and it's frame rails that you showcased in your video is normal.

The brass streaks and particles seen across and along the bottom of your slide is normal from use. Just shoot it and stop worrying about everything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's a link to a recent thread that may shed some light on this subject. Walther P99as build quality
He does post a picture of the P99 slide in post 12, showing the front/left rail being inserted too deep into the frame.

Here's the picture and I circled the sunken rail. The left one should be sticking out like the right one (green arrow).

Could your PDP be suffering from the same thing? I don't know......pull your slide off and take a look....or measure.

View attachment 98590
Just took a look and they are both they same. Might just be normal after all if I hear anything back from Walther I'll be sure to post an update here with what they say

·
Super Moderator
14,419 Posts
Well, you never know until you look, or better yet, measure. I'd just never heard a PPQ/P99 or PDP sound like a baby rattler when shaken.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, you never know until you look, or better yet, measure. I'd just never heard a PPQ/P99 or PDP sound like a baby rattler when shaken.
Yeah I'm with you on that one still seems a bit odd to me as well. I'll keep ya updated really appreciate all your help

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey guys I got some responses from Walther but the guy wasn't really showing much care to explain why it's that way after asking a couple of times. His response was "that is just the way the gun is designed" "we torture test the guns and if this was seen as an issue it would've been fixed". Which I thought was a bit funny as I've spoken to a few other PDP owners along with comparing mine to others at local shops and not one of them rattled this badly.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey guys I got some responses from Walther but the guy wasn't really showing much care to explain why it's that way after asking a couple of times. His response was "that is just the way the gun is designed" "we torture test the guns and if this was seen as an issue it would've been fixed". Which I thought was a bit funny as I've spoken to a few other PDP owners along with comparing mine to others at local shops and not one of them rattled this badly.
I have the same model and mine does not "wobble" or sound anything like that. Maybe the rails have an issue or are out of spec? I'd send it to Walther and ask them to check it. The first M16A2 issued to me MCRD Parris Island was loose but I haven't owned a gun since that rattled like that.

Reactions: nox

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have the same model and mine does not "wobble" or sound anything like that. Maybe the rails have an issue or are out of spec? I'd send it to Walther and ask them to check it. The first M16A2 issued to me MCRD Parris Island was loose but I haven't owned a gun since that rattled like that.
Thank you for your input I will be sending the gun into them for further inspection.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thank you for your input I will be sending the gun into them for further inspection.
You're welcome Sir. Please let us know how Walther handles the issue.

·
Registered
PDP
35 Posts
Mine rattles similar to that if you shake it enough. I think I should do the 30 day return thing

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey guys,

New to the forum and I've seen a few post regarding the PDP frame/slide wiggle which I'm experiencing with my new out of the box PDP. I've posted a link to the video let me know what your thoughts are about this and if you find this normal.

PDP Frame/Slide Wiggle
I have a 4 month old PPQ M2 9mm that has approx 1000 rounds through. It doesn't rattle at all. I would go bt what Walther says but I would not like to hear that either. Just my thoughts.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts