Walther Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could any owners of a PDP F series give me advice on 9mm ammo that works well in this gun?
I have been using Blazer brass 9mm -115 gr. On occasion, the gun will not fire. I rack it, and the next one fires.
Thank you

· Administrator
3,870 Posts
I have an F Series 3.5. Your gun should be able to shoot that 115 grain ammo without problems.

In general, your PDP should be able to shoot just about any 115, 124 or 147 grain ammo without issue.

Something is not right. Cragar's question is an excellent one.

How much experience do you have with handguns? I'm asking so we can ask appropriate questions.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your thoughts. Jimmy ask about my experience I am learning every day, lol. I have been a member of a girl and a gun for 1 and a half years. In the past I was more of a rife shooter. I recently bought the PDP F SERIES.
9 mm. I really like the feel and action of this gun.

· Administrator
3,870 Posts
Thank you for your thoughts. Jimmy ask about my experience I am learning every day, lol. I have been a member of a girl and a gun for 1 and a half years. In the past I was more of a rife shooter. I recently bought the PDP F SERIES.
9 mm. I really like the feel and action of this gun.
Can you describe exactly what is happening when the gun doesn't fire?

Is a new round getting fed into the chamber?

Does the trigger pull feel "normal" when this happens or does it feel "dead"?

How is your grip on the gun? Do you feel like you have a solid grip on the gun or does it move around in your hands?

Have you had someone else shoot the gun? Does the issue happen when someone else shoots the gun?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you describe exactly what is happening when the gun doesn't fire?

Is a new round getting fed into the chamber?

Does the trigger pull feel "normal" when this happens or does it feel "dead"?

How is your grip on the gun? Do you feel like you have a solid grip on the gun or does it move around in your hands?

Have you had someone else shoot the gun? Does the issue happen when someone else shoots the gun?
Thank you, all good questions, I will reply those questions soon.

· Registered
2 Posts
I have a PDP-F 4". Love it. But I've had more than a half-dozen instances that sound similar: fire a few rounds, then trigger can't be pulled. Almost as if something is blocking it. But when I eject the round, it has a substantial dent in the primer. If I reload that round, most of the time it will fire. I'm running through a batch of Freedom 9mm (not reloads) and hoping it's hard primers and not some issue with the gun (or me). I do wonder about the ease of rack, the slightly less recoil, and the notion of a two-part striker. Anyone else have this? I've shot some S&B without an issue, but not as much as the Freedom, so no way to compare ammo behavior.
Appreciate any input!

· Registered
2 Posts
We are having similar issues, more than just a few. Light strikes on Blazer 115 that when re-shot in my shield plus it went bang. This all started after a deep cleaning. I just sprayed it down with CLP and oiled it up. Ill check back to see how it goes tomorrow.

· Registered
51 Posts
could any owners of a PDP F series give me advice on 9mm ammo that works well in this gun?
I have been using Blazer brass 9mm -115 gr. On occasion, the gun will not fire. I rack it, and the next one fires.
Thank you
Have you cleaned and oiled the gun that actually sounds more like a ammo problem than a gu problem

· Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the thoughts,

I just (last night) cleaned the firing pin mechanism, pulling back the spring and spraying CLP in there. I oiled it up and will try today. I would be OK w/ the ammo is the problem call but i had no issues firing round after round w/ my SW Shield plus, even shooting the same bullets with the light imprint. I was teaching my wife how to clean her own pistole (the F). A bit of gunk may have cloted the pin.

The tension on the firing pin is a quite a bit less on the PDP than my SW. That is comparing apples to oranges, and is just a "comparison". After cleaning and oiling, the mechanism is sliding smoothly.

I'll report back after going back to the range today.

Cheers!

· Administrator
3,870 Posts
Thanks for the thoughts,

I just (last night) cleaned the firing pin mechanism, pulling back the spring and spraying CLP in there. I oiled it up and will try today. I would be OK w/ the ammo is the problem call but i had no issues firing round after round w/ my SW Shield plus, even shooting the same bullets with the light imprint. I was teaching my wife how to clean her own pistole (the F). A bit of gunk may have cloted the pin.

The tension on the firing pin is a quite a bit less on the PDP than my SW. That is comparing apples to oranges, and is just a "comparison". After cleaning and oiling, the mechanism is sliding smoothly.

I'll report back after going back to the range today.

Cheers!
Was the gun working fine before you cleaned it?

You want to keep lube away from the striker channel and striker.

Did you read the manual and it's recommendations on how and where to lube?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts