Walther Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m tempted to add a PDP full-size 4.5 to my P99 and PPS. This would be for fun at the range (practicing transition from rifle to pistol) and to keep it bedside for home defense with the red dot - that’s where I currently have my P99AS with light/laser.

Now, I’m sold on the PDP being the usual high quality (a bit sad that it doesn’t have the paddle mag release any longer). I understand that the new Eotech would be a great fit for the cutout. I like Eotech stuff - and I know they this is quite different from my rifle laser red dot and basically just a rebranded thingy from China. But it looks to have nice fit and sleek form factor. I’m sure there are other brands that are “better”. What’s everyone’s take or experience with the new Eotech? What else should I consider that has the right fit without adding a bunch of adapters or whatever? I know that I’ll also need new iron sights to match.

· Registered
359 Posts
I assume you are talking about the EFLX reflex sight. It looks fine, and uses the Leupold Deltapoint Pro mount for which Walther, and others, offer adapter plates. I don’t see any compelling reason to choose it over Trijicon or Holosun though. There seems to be no option for a green dot version (my preference), no multi reticle option, no mention of IPX water resistance rating, shake awake ability or brightness adjustment.

Reactions: Motosteveg

· Registered
359 Posts
Reactions: Redcat94

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I assume you are talking about the EFLX reflex sight. It looks fine, and uses the Leupold Deltapoint Pro mount for which Walther, and others, offer adapter plates. I don’t see any compelling reason to choose it over Trijicon or Holosun though. There seems to be no option for a green dot version (my preference), no multi reticle option, no mention of IPX water resistance rating, shake awake ability or brightness adjustment.
thats why I’m asking. Yes, green dot would be nice. I just thought the EFLX seems to have a nice form factor. And I like the battery compartment on top. As far as I’m concerned it can stay on and I’ll just put in a new battery once a year. So the shake to wake thing may not be necessary for me. The Holosun stuff looks awkward and seems to have a smaller window. Trijicon I’m sure is nice too but seem to get a lot of warranty issues. I’ve been more than pleased with my Eotech 512 and 3x magnifier on my Tavor so that’s what caught my attention when I saw they now have a basic pistol sight.
May have to go and just try a few of these.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
After the fraud EOTech perpetrated on the US military I'll never own one again. I got rid of my 512 when they did the refund/buyback in 2016.
not sure what they did to anyone that warranted the “fraud” allegations. They settled as one does when the federales are after you (I work in healthcare so I’ve seen that) even when a reasonable person would scratch their head. Those things drifted in extreme conditions. Like probably most sights will do. They must have pissed somebody off or not paid their kickbacks to somebody…
Pretty sure our military has to put up with far worse and defective materials. We still let our men and women in inform drive into dangerous areas in humvees that are utter garbage.

· Registered
359 Posts
thats why I’m asking. Yes, green dot would be nice. I just thought the EFLX seems to have a nice form factor. And I like the battery compartment on top. As far as I’m concerned it can stay on and I’ll just put in a new battery once a year. So the shake to wake thing may not be necessary for me. The Holosun stuff looks awkward and seems to have a smaller window. Trijicon I’m sure is nice too but seem to get a lot of warranty issues. I’ve been more than pleased with my Eotech 512 and 3x magnifier on my Tavor so that’s what caught my attention when I saw they now have a basic pistol sight.
May have to go and just try a few of these.
I just wish that Eotech would provide more complete specifications. Look at the details that Holosun provides for the titanium bodied 508T that I have on my PDP…

I also prefer items that don’t have their maker’s name so conspicuously displayed on them, but that’s just me. :rolleyes:

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[/URL]

I also prefer items that don’t have their maker’s name so conspicuously displayed on them, but that’s just me. :rolleyes:
that’s actual a good point - and something that I guess I always thought was off putting about Holosun - didn’t know about this version that is a bit more under the radar.

· Registered
21 Posts
Did you ever order / get an EFLX? I was waiting on them to come back into stock and got a notification they were. I ordered it that day and it arrived a few days later. (Last Wednesday) I opened the box and took a look, it light up, and the lens was not damaged so I called it good. Today I mounted it up and there is a noticeable gouge in the top right. I dont know if this is a tooling mark, or someone returned it before I got it, or what. Anyone have one to compare against?

Attachments

· Registered
359 Posts
Did you ever order / get an EFLX? I was waiting on them to come back into stock and got a notification they were. I ordered it that day and it arrived a few days later. (Last Wednesday) I opened the box and took a look, it light up, and the lens was not damaged so I called it good. Today I mounted it up and there is a noticeable gouge in the top right. I dont know if this is a tooling mark, or someone returned it before I got it, or what. Anyone have one to compare against?
Someone, or something, bashed it. I would definitely return it.

Reactions: Motosteveg
1 - 15 of 15 Posts