Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
PDP Full Size 4.5"
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the muzzle end of the slide of my new 4.5" FS PDP there is a "Damper Insert" that looks to be made from polymer. Several other PDPs I've seen don't seem to have this insert. The issue with it is that it obstructs my getting a tool in there to remove the front sight.

Does anyone have any tips for removing this...before I do something I might later regret?
Grille Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Gas

·
Registered
PDP Full Size 4.5"
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Slide it backwards and out of the way.
It doesn't slide. There are two cutouts in the slide that retain it.

It's exactly 1/2" long so my best guess is it's there so that the 4.5" barrel pistols can use the same length recoil guide rod assembly as the 4" barreled ones.

·
Premium Member
3,126 Posts
It looks like the damper insert (item number 3.18) can only come out one of three ways - straight back, straight up, or back and up at an angle.

If there's some oil between it and the slide you might also be fighting a little suction holding it in place.
Line Font Electronic device Gadget Audio equipment

·
Registered
909 Posts
It does slide backwards. Matter of fact if you want it out of the way after sliding it back just twist it out by turning those locking tabs at 12 and 6 o clock. It's just locked in there tight but the retaining tabs are flexible to release.

·
Registered
PDP Full Size 4.5"
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It does slide backwards. Matter of fact if you want it out of the way after sliding it back just twist it out by turning those locking tabs at 12 and 6 o clock. It's just locked in there tight but the retaining tabs are flexible to release.
Thanks and yes, you're right. It does slide back. I contacted Walther support who showed me how to do it.

Mine was in pretty snug though and it needed an alternating push from a small flat headed screwdriver in the slots in the tabs to get it started.
Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior Font Carbon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts