Walther Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
The only appeal and reason I bought my upper is twofold - it was cheaper and faster to buy the upper versus modifying a spare p99 slide for an RMR. Secondly, because the PDP and PPQ are off roster in CA, I’d rather pay $500 for the upper rather than fork over $1200-2000 for a PPQ or PDP.

But I do see why it would be a hard sell anywhere else.

·
Registered
127 Posts
For those of us behind the iron curtain, slide milling or slide purchasing is really the only practical option. I went the purchase route for my M&P and P320 to gain an optics ready slide. I still kept my stock slides so if I have any warranty issues, I can restore them to stock configuration.

Just for a point of reference, I paid $350 for the M&P kit, including slide, barrel, backstraps, tall sights and optics plates (no rsa). I paid $420 for my P320 RX slide with Romeo1 and tall sights (no barrel or rsa).

For another point of reference, I have a VP9 as well. A long slide optics ready kit is $599 complete (no optic). It is complete with slide, barrel, rsa and tall sights. I passed on this one. I would expect Walther be be close to this.

I have PPQs in 4" and 5". Would love to add an rds to the 5" but will wait and see what Walther releases.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts